NEW INFORMATION: Smoking material to blame for La Crosse apartment fire

LA CROSSE, Wis. (WEAU) We have new information as fire crews say smoking material likely started the apartment fire yesterday in La Crosse.

The fire department says the fire on the 800-block of Grove Street started on the outside of the building saying careless discarding of smoking material likely caused it.

The fire department says it was called out to a shrub on fire Monday afternoon.

But when they got there, there were flames on the side of the building and in the attic.

They say the building has heavy damage, but no one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 252368681 - weau.com/a?a=252368681