PACKERS PRESS RELEASE:
The Green Bay Packers today announced plans for the eighth ‘Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour,’ set for May 14-18. This year’s tour includes a stop in Iowa for the first time, in addition to four Wisconsin stops, to visit with fans and thank them in person for their support.
The tour will make stops in Oshkosh (May 14), Beloit (May 15), Dubuque (May 16), Tomah (May 17) and Wisconsin Rapids (May 18), with tailgate parties held in each city to support a local non-profit organization.
Tour celebrities will include Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, players Jarrett Bush, Randall Cobb and Alex Green, and Packers alumni Santana Dotson, Aaron Taylor and Frank Winters.
The tour will take place aboard a customized motor coach emblazoned with the logo “Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour” and the phrase “Touching Down in Your Community.” In addition to the designated locations, tour celebrities will make surprise stops as the schedule allows.
The tailgate parties will welcome the players and alumni arriving at each location at 6 p.m., and will run until 8:30 p.m., except in Wisconsin Rapids, where the tailgate party will take place from 1 to 3:30 p.m. A local non-profit organization will host each party which will feature food, giveaways, question-and-answer sessions and autographs. Tailgate party tickets cost $30.
General admission tickets also will be available for $5, which includes access to the Q-and-A sessions as well as tailgate party activities. Food and beverage will be available for purchase. Due to space limitations, no general admission tickets will be available in Oshkosh and Tomah.
One hundred percent of the Tailgate Tour proceeds will benefit the hosting organizations.
“The Packers are very excited to embark on the eighth annual Tailgate Tour,” said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. “Our fan’s loyalty and commitment to the tour in past years has helped drive the success of the event and has allowed us to continue supporting great organizations throughout the state. We are excited to bring the tour to Iowa for the first time this year and can’t wait to visit with fans on all of our stops.”
Tickets for the tailgate parties at all locations except Tomah will go on sale April 1. Tickets for the Tomah tailgate party will go on sale April 6. ‘Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour’ tailgate party locations, hosting organizations and ticket information are as follows (6 to 8:30 p.m. in each city, except Wisconsin Rapids, where the tailgate party will take place from 1 to 3:30 p.m.):
• Oshkosh: Oshkosh Premier Waterfront Hotel and Convention Center. To benefit Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services Inc. Tickets on sale at Oshkosh Festival Foods, 2415 Westowne Ave.
• Beloit: The Eclipse Center. To benefit Beloit Regional Hospice. Tickets on sale at Visit Beloit, 500 Public St.; Beloit Culvers, 2676 Cranston Rd.; The Rock on the River, 101 Maple St.; two Gateway Bank locations, 2215 Cranston Rd., Beloit and 5390 Williams Dr., Roscoe, Ill.; and two Janesville Culvers locations, 2633 Milton Ave. and 2421 W. Court St.
• Dubuque: Grand River Center. To benefit Camp Albrecht Acres. Tickets on sale at three Kwik Stop locations in Dubuque: 2320 Gateway Dr., 2255 Kerper Blvd. and 4039 Pennsylvania Ave., and at the Kwik Stop on 740 Field of Dreams Way in Dyersville. Fans may purchase a maximum of four tickets per person, per day for the Dubuque tailgate party.
• Tomah: Tomah Recreation Park. To benefit Tomah Area Cancer Support Inc. Tickets on sale at Burnstad’s, 701 E. Clifton St.
• Wisconsin Rapids: Witter Field. To benefit Opportunity Development Centers Inc. (ODC). Tickets on sale at two ODC locations, 1191 Huntington St., Wisconsin Rapids, and 2406 E 21st St., Marshfield; and at Daly Drug, 3215 8th St. South, Wisconsin Rapids. Tickets also available online at www.odcinc.com.