ALTOONA, Wis--- Xcel Energy says power was shut off to 1,747 customers early Saturday morning after a downed power line started a shed fire in Altoona.
Altoona Fire Department says they were called to 328 7th Street West around 12:00am for a shed fire. Police and Fire Chief Jesse James says crews found a live wire on the ground sparking. The sparks started a metal shed on fire and it spread to two unattached garages. James says crews were unable to fight the fire until the live wire was dead.
At 12:05 am Xcel says they intentionally turned off power to the surrounding area to repair the line and allow fire fighter to put out the flames.
The power was turned back on around 1:30 am. No one was hurt in the fire.