WEAU | Eau Claire, Wisconsin | News, Weather, & Sports

Two injured in La Crosse kitchen fire

LA CROSSE, Wis. (WEAU) -- Two people, including a firefighter, were hurt in a kitchen fire this morning.

The La Crosse Fire Department responded to a house on Denton Street around 9 a.m. Thursday. They found light smoke coming from the home. Crews helped someone inside escape. Firefighters put out a fire in the kitchen, which was contained to an area near a stove. A firefighter was hurt and taken to the hospital, along with the person who was helped out of the home.

A news release from the department says food on the stove caused the fire. The home ended up with minor fire, smoke, and water damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 235613411