Two rescued from an apartment fire in La Crosse

By: Megan Lowry Email
By: Megan Lowry Email

LA CROSSE, WIS (WEAU)--La Crosse fire crews were dispatched to 1516 Avon for an apartment building fire around 7:00am Saturday Morning. When crews arrived on scene an evacuation had already started. Firefighters rescued two people from a 3rd story window.

The fire was extinguished and smoke was removed from the building. Crews say the cause of the fire was an unattended pot on a stove. The fire was contained to the apartment where it started.

Crews say neighboring apartments sustained minor damage.


WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246700981 - weau.com/a?a=246700981
Gray Television, Inc.