Two rescued from an apartment fire in La Crosse

By  | 

LA CROSSE, WIS (WEAU)--La Crosse fire crews were dispatched to 1516 Avon for an apartment building fire around 7:00am Saturday Morning. When crews arrived on scene an evacuation had already started. Firefighters rescued two people from a 3rd story window.

The fire was extinguished and smoke was removed from the building. Crews say the cause of the fire was an unattended pot on a stove. The fire was contained to the apartment where it started.

Crews say neighboring apartments sustained minor damage.