Woman hurt in Menomonie fire

By  | 

MENOMONIE, Wis. (MENOMONIE POLICE DEPARTMENT NEWS RELEASE) -- On August 23, 2014 at approximately 9:15 P.M., the Menomonie Police and the Menomonie Fire/EMS Departments were dispatched to 1615 2nd Av. N. Lot #23 regarding a female caller who reported that her legs were on fire and she was unable to put the fire out. Upon arrival, an orange glow could be seen inside the mobile home through an outside window. The front door was found to be locked and was breached to gain entry. Once inside, emergency personnel observed that the recliner in the middle of the living room was fully engulfed in flames and was quickly extinguished. The female was found directly behind the recliner and was transported to Mayo Menomonie for serious burn and smoke inhalation injuries. The female was identified as Theresa Knutson age 55. She explained that she was trying to light a cigarette with her Zippo lighter and had suffered a seizure. At this time, a total value and damage assessment has not been determined.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus