Click To Visit Website!
Plans menus and all special diets; reviews charts; acts as a consultant to the Food Service department and organization.
Graduate of accredited program with Registered Dietician designation and experience in long term care preferred.
• Perform admission, annual, quarterly and significant change in nutrition assessments (dietary manager is responsible for having nutritional fact sheet completed), faxing requests to MD’s, interviewing resident as needed, directing nutritional plan of care
(Dietary manager completes MDS, writes care plan and attends care planning/care conferences.)
• Resident nutrition education as needed
• Provide in-service education as requested to both nursing and dietary staff (usually occurs 2-3 times per year)
• Dining room/meal time observations and evaluations
• Provide consultation and suggestions for dietary manager including food service suggestions (perform kitchen sanitation inspection 1-2 times per year)
• Wound care update/follow up (currently done monthly)
• May have UW-Stout dietetic students “job shadow” or work on projects for you if they are working for field experience.
• Provide expertise with survey corrections
• Other duties as they arise (and negotiated with administrator)
• Provide consultation to other affiliated nursing homes/care facilities
• Participate in nutritional quality improvement activities
• Act as liaison with hospital dialysis departments
Other duties as assigned
Received: Facility Administrator
Frequent twisting; reaches at shoulder height frequently; reaches above or below shoulder height occasionally; occasional bending; lifts and carries less than 25#. 70% of work day is spent sitting; 20% walking; 10% standing. Adapts to frequent interruptions/changing situations Must be able to communicate orally and/or in writing with residents, co-workers, families, public.
This description is intended to be a general statement about this job and not to be considered a detailed assignment. It may be modified to adjust for necessary changes.