Plans, directs, and implements safety programs within Chieftain Sand and Proppant to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff and supervisors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provides visible leadership and sets the example for safe behavior.
• Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Mining Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) rules and regulations.
• Works with Managers, Supervisors and Employees to establish workable solutions to existing safety and health problems in the work environment.
• Plans and implements programs to train Supervisors and Employees in work site safety and health practices in alignment with established standards.
• Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
• Conducts investigations of accidents, incidents and injuries and assists Supervisors and Employees in establishing root cause and implementing appropriate corrective actions.
• Coordinates / conducts EHS training for all employees, contractors, and site visitors; ensures proper training documentation and maintains training record files as indicated by company policy and regulatory requirements.
• Conducts surveys to determine safe limits of exposure to materials or conditions such as temperatures, noise, dusts, fumes, vapors, mists, gases, solvents, and radiation which are known or suspected of being real or potential detriments to health.
• Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
• Work with the Environmental Department to implement or recommend control measures of exposure to hazardous materials or conditions.
• Creates and maintains Emergency Action Plan.
• Coordinates distribution of respirators, including conducting respirator fit tests.
• Creates, reviews, and revises Job Safety Analysis.
• Maintains MSDS system, both paper and electronic copies, for Wet and Dry Plants.
• Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of applicable environmental, health, and safety standards.
• Certified Safety Professional preferred.
• MSHA certification preferred.
To apply, visit our website: www.chieftainsand.com