- Provides leadership and subject matter expertise in the ConAgra Performance System (CPS) Focused Improvement Pillar.
- Works closely with cross functional teams (i.e. Daily Operations, Quality, Project Engineers, Contractors, Technicians, Peers, Other CPS Pillars leads, etc.) to plan, implement, and lead and/or execute actions that will assist in significant Process Improvement/Cost Reduction in the Menomonie facility.
- Leads and engages team members to improve systems, processes and procedures.
- Partners with plant CPS leadership to deliver planned ConAgra Cost Reduction (CCR) results.
- Works with plant finance staff to ensure CCR projects savings are being properly tracked and reported.
- Ensures best practices are communicated and leveraged
- Ensures proper use of focused improvement (FI) tools
- Coordinates the improvement program to drive rapid improvement in plant.
- Ensures plant has an “improvement list” of prioritized opportunities that are being planned for action.
- Ensures resolution to issues showing progress, puts countermeasures in place to ensure savings stay on track.
- Leverages FI Pillar resources to grow capability to deliver sustaining results
- Key change agent for FI results.
- Leads team in tracking and understanding Key Performance Indicators, Gap Analysis, and creating action plans to address performance gaps.
- Facilitates and reacts to non-routine and crisis situations
- 4 year Degree in an Engineering Discipline, related Technical field or equivalent.
- Strong continuous improvement background (TPM, Lean, Six Sigma)
- Able to apply DMAIC methodology
- Proven improvement track record & project management skills
- Strong bias for action and delivery against a plan
- Clear evidence of successful change management
- Clear ability to teach & motivate people
- Excellent prioritization & planning skills
- Clear ability to influence teams as well as leadership
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft programs including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a member of and/or lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage and prioritize one’s own time consistent with the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and listening.
- Knowledgeable of aseptic processing and packaging, CIP & SIP systems, and process system validation.
- Food experience with dairy or aseptic thermal processing and packaging.
- Plant manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA policies and procedures