Click To Visit Website!
Associate Dean - Energy, Engineering & Agriculture
Chippewa Valley Technical College
Business Education Center (Eau Claire)
Full Time or Part Time
Based on management level 4 salary range: minimum salary of $59,885 and midpoint of $74,603. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
Projected Start Date
As soon as possible
Hours Per Week
Full-time, salaried position
Full-time, salaried position
• Health and dental insurance for all family members
• Life and long-term disability insurance
• 403(B) tax deferred annuity program
• 457 deferred compensation plan
• Section 125 flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick leave
Job Description Summary
The Associate Dean of Energy, Engineering and Agriculture will work closely with faculty and staff to improve and enhance program effectiveness. This leadership position will be directly accountable to the Dean of Industry, Energy and Agriculture. Programs that maybe included, based on candidate strengths, are: Engineering, Architectural Design, HVAC, Agriculture, Horticulture, Apprenticeships, Electrical Power Distribution, and Truck Driving.
Responsibilities include: faculty development and evaluation, new program development, ensuring continuing program operation, and oversight of various initiatives that are part of the Industry, Energy, & Agriculture Division including program accreditation, TSA projects, budgeting, and scheduling.
• Ensure appropriate staffing for efficient/effective operation of energy, engineering and agriculture programs and supportive services
• Facilitate the development and implementation of program budgets with the department chairs
• Facilitate the development and implementation of new programs to meet the needs of industry
• Coordinate the scheduling of programs and customized training for the division
• Develop and maintain relationships with the energy industry
• Assist programs going through the accreditation process
• Supervise program faculty and staff
• Maintain confidentiality
• Coordinate capital equipment and supply budgets for programs
• Administer energy, engineering and agriculture program grants and complete all necessary grant reporting
• Assist with student advising and problem solving
• Assist with program advisory committee selection and operations
• Facilitate communication between energy, engineering and agriculture program faculty
• Monitor energy, engineering and agriculture program state-wide curriculum projects
• Participate on appropriate college teams and committees and contribute to accomplishing the goals and objectives of these groups
• Relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong facilitation skills
• Ability to organize and multi-task
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interpret and explain information to a variety of persons and groups
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently toward department goals
• Ability to resolve conflicts
• Knowledge and skill with technology including computer software programs for data collection, decision making, communication, etc.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and abilities, community agencies, and the general public
• Ability to use judgment, discretion, and decision making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel to various campuses
Training and Experience
• Master’s degree or master’s degree in progress
• Two years of teaching experience
• Two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience in one of the program areas overseen by this position
• Must meet Instructional Supervisory Certification requirements of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). Meeting the 3 bulleted items above fulfills provisional certification requirements. For more details see TSC 3.06 at http://mywtcs.wtcsystem.edu/certification/resources/administrative-code
• Experience with staff development and evaluation preferred
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.
The following physical demands are representative of those that are required for employees to successfully perform the essential functions of a majority of jobs at Chippewa Valley Technical College.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms, hear and talk. The employee may be required to run, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb, balance, taste, and smell. May seldom be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the aid of moving equipment, if needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Chippewa Valley Technical College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Unique College Requirements
Employment with CVTC is contingent upon successful completion of background check(s).
Additional Information for Applicants
Equal Opportunity Notice
Chippewa Valley Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies:
Director of Human Resources
Chippewa Valley Technical College
620 W. Clairemont Avenue
Eau Claire, WI 54701
CVTC delivers innovative and applied education that supports the workforce needs of the region, improves the lives of students, and adds value to our communities.
CVTC is a dynamic partner for students, employers, and communities to learn, train, and succeed.
To be considered for this position, an online application is required.
Job Open Date