WEAU 13 News Headlines
Building demolition makes way for new Chippewa Falls Riverfront Park
Updated: 6:20 PM
- The landscape of downtown Chippewa Falls is changing. Demolition began Monday on the old chamber building to make way for a new Chippewa Falls Riverfront Park.
Local beaches closed due to high levels of bacteria
Updated: 6:22 PM
- You might not think going for a dip at a beach or lake could get you sick, but you might want to think about what's in the water before you jump in.
The Latest: Senate eliminates open record changes
Posted: 4:06 PM
- After five months of debate and revisions, Wisconsin's full Legislature was set to vote on the 2015-17 state budget, a $70 billion spending plan that divvies up how much money state agencies receive and how they can use it.
Boy, 1, dies after falling into tub of water in SE Minnesota
Posted: 1:13 PM
- Authorities say a 1-year-old boy has died more than a week after he fell into a tub of water in southeastern Minnesota.
Groundbreaking for new solar energy project in Eau Claire
Updated: 6:20 PM
- Eau Claire Energy Cooperative broke ground Tuesday morning for "MemberSolar," the first community solar renewable energy project of its kind in the area.
Report: Number of US heroin users rose 300,000 over a decade
Posted: 12:05 PM
- Health officials say the number of U.S. heroin user has grown by about 300,000 over a decade. Most of the increase was in whites, across income levels.
Johnson says $2 million raised in second quarter
Posted: 12:00 PM
- Sen. Ron Johnson says he raised $2 million in the second quarter as he prepares for a re-election rematch against former Sen. Russ Feingold.
Officials: F-16, small plane collide in midair
Posted: 11:31 AM
- Federal officials say an F-16 fighter jet and a small plane have collided in midair in South Carolina.
New charges in Charleston church shooting: Attempted murder
Posted: 11:29 AM
- The man accused of killing nine people attending Bible study at a historic black church in Charleston has been indicted on three new charges of attempted murder.
NEW INFORMATION: Subway suspending relationship with spokesman Fogle amid investigation
Updated: 5:55 PM
- Subway says a raid at the home of its spokesman Jared Fogle is likely linked to an investigation into an employee at the foundation he founded to combat childhood obesity.
More WEAU 13 News Headlines