WEAU 13 News Headlines
Target to eliminate thousands of positions in cost-cutting move
Posted: 5:50 PM
- Target Corp. plans $2 billion in cuts over the next two years through corporate restructuring and other improvements.
Assembly planning for 24 hours of debate on right-to-work
Posted: 5:35 PM
- The Wisconsin state Assembly plans to start debate of the right-to-work bill at 9 a.m. Thursday and end no later than 9 a.m. Friday.
NEW INFORMATION: Suspect admits to robbing Onalaska credit union
Updated: 5:31 PM
- Prosecutors in La Crosse County filed criminal charges, including Armed Robbery With the Threat of Force, against Jonathon Smith, 26, of Brownsville on Tuesday.
Superintendent: Walker schools budget is unsustainable path
Updated: 5:15 PM
- Wisconsin's schools superintendent is warning the Legislature's budget committee that Gov. Scott Walker's K-12 education budget plan continues an unsustainable downward trend in funding.
NEW INFORMATION: AAA urges Wisconsin Senate to oppose speed limit increase
Updated: 4:21 PM
- A bill that would increase speed limits on some Wisconsin highways and freeways has coasted through another green light at the Capitol.
Bill heightening response to campus sex assaults advances
Posted: 4:18 PM
- A bill establishing a new protocol for Minnesota universities and more avenues for students and others to report cases of campus sexual violence has cleared a Minnesota House committee.
Ashley Furniture sharpens Wisconsin growth strategy
Posted: 4:05 PM
- Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. announced today a series of steps designed to better align its aggressive growth strategies with the local job-market and other economic conditions in Wisconsin.
Slinger students lead SkillsUSA competition with seven firsts
Posted: 3:57 PM
- Nearly 400 students from 28 high schools in Wisconsin competed in the 32nd annual SkillsUSA regional tournament Thursday and Friday, Feb. 26-27, at University of Wisconsin-Stout.
Walker says he will sign ban on abortions after 20 weeks
Posted: 3:47 PM
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he will sign into law a ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.
Throwing pies for Pi Day
Updated: 5:36 PM
- Since Pi Day, or March 14, is over spring break, faculty and students at Chippewa Valley Technical College celebrated a little early.
More WEAU 13 News Headlines