WEAU 13 News Headlines
'Strike Out Stroke Night" raises awareness
- Mayo Clinic Health System says stroke is the number one cause of serious, long-term disability in the U.S.
Rep. Bernier & Sen. Moulton discuss funding for Confluence
- Representative Kathy Bernier and Senator Terry Moulton talked about state funding for the Confluence Friday afternoon.
'Who Let the Dogs Out' event connects pets and their owners
- Organizers say the event is day to get out with the dogs and enjoy time together.
Sparta School District receives $30k developmental literacy grant
- Even though the school year is about to come to an end, that hasn't stopped educators in the Sparta School District from looking ahead to the next academic year.
Finance committee votes to eliminate DNR positions
- The Legislature's finance committee has adopted Republican Gov. Scott Walker's plan to eliminate 80 positions within the state Department of Natural Resources, including more than half of the researchers in the agency's science bureau.
World renowned prosthetic expert comes to Eau Claire
- Kevin Carroll is a board certified prosthetist who developed the world's first prosthetic tail for a dolphin.
"Home for the Holidays" initiative a success
- Recently, Eau Claire Police started a new traffic safety initiative called "Home for the Holidays." It was launched before Memorial Day weekend and adds extra patrol in the city.
New downtown bus route starts Monday
- The new route will run Monday through Friday to Carson Park, Water Street and Phoenix Park in Eau Claire.
Possible scam reported in Cornell area
- On May 28th two young men in their early 20's were going house to house selling magazine subscriptions.
Suspect named in multi-county burglary crime spree
- On Tuesday, May 19, 2015, Wayne L. Timm, age 35, was arrested in Abbotsford, WI, on a probation warrant for his activity in multiple burglaries to area businesses.
More WEAU 13 News Headlines