WEAU 13 News Headlines
Warrant issued for known sex offender
- According to the criminal complaint, Jason C. Walker was convicted of second-degree sexual assault of a child in Pepin County in 1995, and is required to comply with the Wisconsin sex offender registry.
Chippewa River Trail open; River now nine feet below flood stage
- The City of Eau Claire released its Chippewa River Update Friday morning.
Zydowsky picked to become next Menomonie schools superintendent
- Menomonie School Board President Colleen Davis says current Cadott District Administrator Joe Zydowsky will start as Menomonie School District Administrator on July 1.
Arizona mom charged for leaving kids alone in car while at job interview
- Thousands have signed a petition of support for Shanesha Taylor, claiming she had no choice but to leave her children alone.
USDA orders farms to report pig virus infections
- The porcine epidemic diarrhea virus, believed to be from China, causes severe diarrhea in newborn piglets, who die from dehydration.
Fire near Edgar damages county vehicles
- WSAW-TV in Wausau reports that the fire damaged six heavy trucks, a front end loader, and a skid steer.
Federal appeals court upholds Walker's union law
- The restrictions stripped most public workers of nearly all their collective bargaining rights.
NEW INFORMATION: Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- The U.S. Geological Survey says it was centered northwest of the Pacific resort of Acapulco, where many Mexicans are vacationing for the Easter holiday.
NCAA could force hardship transfers to sit 1 year
- Student-athletes who seek transfers due to "difficult life circumstances" might have to sit out a season but gain an extra year of eligibility starting in 2015-16.
Christians mark Good Friday in the Holy Land
- Thousands of Christian pilgrims filled the cobblestone alleyways of the Old City on Friday along the Via Dolorosa, Latin for the "Way of Suffering."
More WEAU 13 News Headlines