WEAU 13 News Headlines
UW-Eau Claire ranks 2nd in nation for campus drug arrests
Updated: 6:23 PM
- A new report ranks an area university second in the nation for on-campus drug arrests, but university leaders say it reflects strict enforcement policies, not increased student drug use.
Ramp re-opened after crash on Highway 53
Updated: 5:22 PM
- The crash happened around 4 p.m. Thursday. The ramp at Clairemont Avenue and Highway 53 north was closed off for about a half hour as officers cleared the scene.
Request for Mann's release from institution denied
Posted: 4:31 PM
- Court records show that a judge denied the request from Heidi Mann, 38, on Wednesday, saying she could hurt herself or others.
Woman accused of bringing heroin to Eau Claire hospital
Updated: 4:47 PM
- 21-year-old Rebecca Brommer is facing several counts, including manufacturing or delivering heroin, and possession with intent to deliver heroin.
NEW INFORMATION: Vote counting begins in Scotland on independence
Updated: 4:08 PM
- The polls have closed and vote counting is underway in Scotland's historic referendum on whether to end the country's 307-year-old union with England.
Eau Claire Co. burglary suspect confesses to string of burglaries in several states
Posted: 3:51 PM
- Prosecutors in Eau Claire County filed a burglary charge against Michael Major, 22, of Texas on Wednesday. As of Thursday afternoon, he was in jail in Cook County, Illinois.
Monroe County Sheriff's Office rescues neglected dogs, parakeet in hoarding case
Updated: 9:28 PM
- The animals were discovered living among feces, trash and rotting food in a poorly ventilated environment.
Attorney general candidates agree to debate
Posted: 2:35 PM
- Wisconsin attorney general hopefuls Brad Schimel and Susan Happ have agreed to a debate next month.
1 complaint requires memorial to be removed
Posted: 7:23 AM
- State transportation officials say a memorial to a woman killed by a drunken driver must be removed in Sun Prairie because someone complained about it.
Police say Packers ticket scammer caught
Posted: 9:06 AM
- Marshfield police say a local man has admitted to scamming football fans who thought they were buying Packers' tickets.
More WEAU 13 News Headlines