SportScene13 for Saturday, March 8th
Maybe the busiest sports day of the year and we have plenty of big games. Start in boys basketball, where Elk Mound, Rice Lake and Thorp punched their ticket to state with wins in the sectional finals. While on the girl's side regional finals action got teams one step closer to Madison. We also have state gymnastics team wrestling and state hockey highlights. Throw in UW-Eau Claire battling Superior for the WIAC hockey crown and Saturday night's SportScene is one not to be missed! Click here for all the great highlights!!!
WEAU 13 News Headlines
Students safe after fire at St. Lawrence Seminary
- The nearly 200 students at St. Lawrence Seminary are safe after a five-alarm fire at the boarding school.
Hospital group to post when newborn tests are sent
- Starting in April, the Wisconsin Hospital Association will post data that will show expecting parents whether the hospital where they plan to have their baby promptly sends newborn screening samples to the lab for testing.
China: Vietnam detects signals from missing airliner
- China's state media say Vietnamese authorities have detected signals from the missing Malaysia Airlines plane.
SportScene 13 for Friday, March 7, 2014
- SportScene 13 for Friday, March 7, 2014 includes WIAA Girls Basketball highlights from these games: E.C. North at Chippewa Falls, E.C. Memorial at Marshfield, Osseo-Fairchild at E.C. Regis, Augusta at Fall Creek, Elk Mound at Neillsville, River Falls at Rice Lake, Amery at Barron, Flambeau at Cameron, West Salem at Durand, Stanley-Boyd at Mondovi, Gilmanton at Eleva-Strum
Eau Claire police ticketing fewer cars for calendar parking violations
- All roads in the City of Eau Claire are subject to calendar parking rules. It started November 1, 2013, and runs through May 1.
Antoine, Graybill win US skeleton titles
- Matt Antoine will be honored for his Olympic medal in his hometown of Prairie du Chien, Wis. on March 14.
New housing report puts WI at or near national loan averages
- A new housing report shows Wisconsin home owners owe more than the national average, but Eau Claire realtors said it's not a major concern.
EQB releases final draft of silica sand standards
- The EQB intends it to be a toolbox of resources local governments can use as they consider how to regulate silica sand.
Eau Claire County included in air quality advisory
- The Department of Natural Resources issued the advisory Friday around 4 p.m. It runs until 11 p.m. Friday.
President Obama reveals education budget plan
- President Obama said he wants to improve education at every grade level from early childhood through college.
More WEAU 13 News Headlines