WEAU 13 News Headlines
Dragon Boat Race Festival comes to Eau Claire this summer
- A new species will be invading the waters of Half Moon Lake come August.
Police departments turn to social media to stop crime
- More police departments are turning to social media to stop crime; recently the Chippewa Falls Police Department used Facebook to catch two vandals.
Conservative group says Walker probe improper
- The conservative group at the heart of the investigation into Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign says the state election board improperly plowed ahead with its probe of the governor.
Wisconsin jobs agency losing another top exec
- The fourth chief financial officer in less than four years at the Wisconsin agency charged with job creation and economic development is leaving.
Eau Claire Transit launches real time bus tracking system
- Tired of waiting in the freezing cold or scorching heat to catch a ride? Now, a new bus tracking website could help.
Wisconsin DNR: No comment on wolf decision
- Wisconsin wildlife officials aren't saying anything about a federal judge's decision to place Great Lakes wolves back on the endangered species list.
Trial date scheduled for man accused of killing wife
- A motion hearing was held Friday in Eau Claire County Court for Thomas Biesterveld of Eau Claire.
Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 5 deaths
- Two of the deaths were in Minnesota, according to state health officials. The CDC said the illnesses also occurred in Arizona, California, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Van Hollen says foreign land ownership OK
- Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen says Wisconsin state law permits foreign ownership of land in some cases.
Wisconsin budget faces $824 million hole
- Wisconsin's state budget would be $824 million short just to continue the current level of services.
More WEAU 13 News Headlines