WEAU 13 News Headlines
Area man sentenced to 4 years in prison for hit and run killing
Posted: 6:16 PM
- The man accused of driving drunk and killing a man who was plowing snow will serve four years in prison.
Police continue search for wanted felon
Updated: 10:23 PM
- 38-year-old Eric Hall was released from prison June 10th. Since then, police say he's stolen multiple vehicles, committed several burglaries, was involved in a high speed chase, and assaulted a police officer.
NEW INFORMATION: Officers searching for suspect in Eau Claire drug investigation
Updated: 5:41 PM
- Several officers could be seen looking at items near an open dumpster between two apartment complexes early Thursday afternoon.
Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall
Posted: 1:30 PM
- Wisconsin tax collections are more than $281 million short of estimates, a drop that could require the Legislature to take action to keep the budget in balance.
Jihadists kill dozens of captured Syrian soldiers
Posted: 5:38 PM
- In Washington, President Barack Obama played down the prospect of imminent U.S. military action against strongholds of the Islamic State group in Syria, saying "we don't have a strategy yet" for confronting the militants.
Crews taking down final building at site of Confluence Project mixed-use building
Updated: 10:19 PM
- On Thursday, crews could be seen working on taking down parts the building at 2. S. Barstow Street in downtown Eau Claire.
Freshman move in at UWEC
Updated: 5:39 PM
- Students and parents hauled in boxes, suitcases, futons, and all the other essentials for college dorm life.
Burke talks jobs during stop in Eau Claire
Updated: 5:39 PM
- The former Trek Bicycle Executive addressed the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce Thursday morning.
Governor Scott Walker appoints Jackson County judge
Posted: 4:22 PM
- Today, Governor Scott Walker appointed Anna Becker to serve as judge of the Jackson County Circuit Court, replacing recently retired Judge Thomas Lister.
Justice Department delayed porn probes statewide
Posted: 3:54 PM
- Newly released records show state Justice Department field offices across Wisconsin have delayed investigating child pornography tips for months.
More WEAU 13 News Headlines