Assignment 13 Headlines
ASSIGNMENT 13: CVTC making impact through fire safety tests
- The Chippewa Valley Technical College in Eau Claire is home to only one of five facilities in the world that are setup for UL safety tests, particularly on fire extinguishers
ASSIGNMENT 13: The 'pain' of feeling caught in the middle
- Prescription drug abuse is on the rise, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That's why doctors say they have to be careful when prescribing pain killers for chronic pain patients. It leaves some physicians feeling trapped in the middle, between drug seekers and patients who truly need medicine to manage their pain. That's also why chronic pain patients say they feel caught in the middle. They're being questioned as if they are a drug seeker.
Assignment 13: Waiting on Wheels
- A Mondovi mom says she'll never give up on her daughter, and says she hopes things change in the world of Medicaid so other families don't have to wait so long for what their kids need.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Birthing with Options
- When it comes to childbirth, what are some of the non-traditional ways women are having babies these days?
ASSIGNMENT 13: Field of Dreams (Part 2)
- Follow WEAU's Courtney in Part of 2 of a feature story on a local ranch that's spreading equine therapy to the community for young women.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Field of Dreams (Part 1)
- Follow WEAU's Courtney Everett as she uncovers the powerful connection people and horses at a ranch in Eleva, helping young women.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Out to Africa from Eau Claire
- An Eau Claire couple has found their own little corner of the world to change.
The Voice of Reason: Yelling at your kids
- After a new study showed yelling at your kids can be just as damaging as physical punishment, we looked into tools parents can use to be the voice of reason.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Derby Girls
- Follow WEAU's Courtney Everett inside the world of roller derby with the Chippewa Valley Roller Girls.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Reality of underage extreme drinking
- A new study from the University of Michigan found one in five high school seniors reported drinking five or more drinks in the last two weeks. But the study shows it’s not just a matter of kids binge drinking, but the intensity that it’s happening.
More Assignment 13 Headlines