Assignment 13 Headlines
ASSIGNMENT 13: Jake Dowell talks about testing negative for Huntington's Disease
- In his first television interview since announcing Sunday that he did not have Huntington's Disease, Eau Claire native Jake Dowell shares with WEAU's Bob Gallaher the relief he felt when he heard the news.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Married to the Military
- November marks Military Family Awarenesss month and it's a constant struggle for those left behind, when a loved one is deployed. But spouses say they must keep going. WEAU’s Courtney Everett shares the struggle in 'Married to the Military.'
ASSIGNMENT 13: Community Policing
- INSIDE: Raw video of the firearms training and traffic stop drills that were part of the Chippewa Falls Police Department's recent Citizens Academy.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Life's Last Wishes
- In one western Wisconsin city, many more people deal with some of life's most difficult decisions than in most other places.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Corrections Crisis
- Staff shortages in Wisconsin’s jails and prisons are forcing local and state governments to take a look at how to fix the problem.
ASSIGNMENT 13: LOCKDOWN
- The Eau Claire Area School District urges community cooperation as its plan for school emergencies continues to evolve. It's an effort to keep all students safe. WEAU's Bob Gallaher reports in Assignment 13: Lockdown.
ASSIGNMENT 13: To protect and serve
- Law enforcement officers are trained to protect and serve, but that doesn't come without a cost and sometimes those costs are deadly.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Mommy Madness
- Most mothers will tell you it's never easy trying to juggle a full time job, while having a family life. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, women now make up half of all workers in the United States.
ASSIGNMENT 13: The High Stakes of Higher Education Part 2
- After years of unbridled growth, the big boom of for-profit education may be about to bust. With lawsuits piling up and the federal government cracking down, for-profit colleges have two choices, close or adapt.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Inside the operating room with heart surgeons
- For those outside the medical field, a cardiac operating room is a foreign, intimidating world. Two of the region's leading heart surgeons gave us a look at what they do and how they do it.
More Assignment 13 Headlines