Assignment 13 Headlines
ASSIGNMENT 13: To protect and serve
- Law enforcement officers are trained to protect and serve, but that doesn't come without a cost and sometimes those costs are deadly.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Mommy Madness
- Most mothers will tell you it's never easy trying to juggle a full time job, while having a family life. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, women now make up half of all workers in the United States.
ASSIGNMENT 13: The High Stakes of Higher Education Part 2
- After years of unbridled growth, the big boom of for-profit education may be about to bust. With lawsuits piling up and the federal government cracking down, for-profit colleges have two choices, close or adapt.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Inside the operating room with heart surgeons
- For those outside the medical field, a cardiac operating room is a foreign, intimidating world. Two of the region's leading heart surgeons gave us a look at what they do and how they do it.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Police bust financial conspiracy crime
- The Chippewa Falls Police Department along with the Eau Claire Police Department recently busted one of the biggest financial fraud crimes it's ever seen.
ASSIGNMENT 13: CVTC making impact through fire safety tests
- The Chippewa Valley Technical College in Eau Claire is home to only one of five facilities in the world that are setup for UL safety tests, particularly on fire extinguishers
ASSIGNMENT 13: The 'pain' of feeling caught in the middle
- Prescription drug abuse is on the rise, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That's why doctors say they have to be careful when prescribing pain killers for chronic pain patients. It leaves some physicians feeling trapped in the middle, between drug seekers and patients who truly need medicine to manage their pain. That's also why chronic pain patients say they feel caught in the middle. They're being questioned as if they are a drug seeker.
Assignment 13: Waiting on Wheels
- A Mondovi mom says she'll never give up on her daughter, and says she hopes things change in the world of Medicaid so other families don't have to wait so long for what their kids need.
ASSIGNMENT 13: Birthing with Options
- When it comes to childbirth, what are some of the non-traditional ways women are having babies these days?
ASSIGNMENT 13: Field of Dreams (Part 2)
- Follow WEAU's Courtney in Part of 2 of a feature story on a local ranch that's spreading equine therapy to the community for young women.
More Assignment 13 Headlines