Posted: 3:03 PM
- Assembly Republicans are outlining their priorities for the next legislative session, saying they plan to focus on regulatory reform, combatting public assistance fraud and finding new ways to pay for the state's roads.
- Minnesota Democrats are calling on Hillary Rodham Clinton to help build enthusiasm among their voters as re-election bids of Gov. Mark Dayton and Sen. Al Franken near their conclusion.
- Supporters of Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Democratic challenger Mary Burke are trying to capitalize on a two-week early voting period, holding rallies and other events to get supporters to the polls.
- Democrat Mary Burke and her supporters hope that Republican Gov. Scott Walker's adamant opposition to the minimum wage will be the deciding factor in the race for governor that polls show is tied just over two weeks until Election Day.
- Republican attorney general hopeful Brad Schimel says he would devote state Justice Department resources to helping Milwaukee prosecutors go after gun crimes -- if they agree not to drop charges in plea deals.
AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November WASHINGTON (AP) -- Two weeks before Election Day, most of the nation's likely voters now expect the Republican Party to take control of the U.S. Senate, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. And by a growing margin, they say that's the outcome they'd like to see....
Kansas independent Orman campaigns under the radar LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- Greg Orman has had barely a month to introduce himself to Kansas voters since unusual events thrust him into a neck-and-neck competition with three-term Republican Sen. Pat Roberts. Yet the independent candidate's schedule of public campaign appearances has usually ranged from slim to none....
Homeland Security orders new screening for Ebola WASHINGTON (AP) -- Everyone coming to the United States from the three West African countries at the center of the Ebola outbreak will now be screened for the deadly disease at one of five airports, the Homeland Security Department said Tuesday....
Obama pitches for votes on black radio WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is turning to black radio listeners to plead for midterm votes, a targeted approach to drum up Democratic support at a time when many candidates don't want him around in person....
Giffords calls on women to highlight gun violence DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords charged Tuesday that "dangerous people with guns are a threat to women" as she worked to rally female voters across Iowa and inject gun control into one of the nation's marquee Senate contests....
WEAU 13 NEWS
1907 S. Hastings Way
Eau Claire, WI 54701
(715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474.
(715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Jolene Jensen - 715-852-1557
Station Contact Info:
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701
By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537