11 people displaced following duplex fire in La Crosse

By: Jenny Yo Email
By: Jenny Yo Email

LA CROSSE, Wis. (WEAU) -- 11 people are without a home after their apartment went up in flames in La Crosse.

Firefighters were called to a duplex on the 1700 block of Jackson Street just after 4 a.m. Sunday.

Crews found heavy smoke and fire coming from the second floor.

Crews say they were able to control the fire within minutes, but smoke and fire damage is severe.

Everyone in the home made it out safely and was accounted for. No one was hurt. The Red Cross is helping the 11 who are displaced.

Firefighters say an overheated electrical wiring on an air conditioner caused the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 268812651 - weau.com/a?a=268812651