One person was injured after a house fire in downtown Eau Claire Wednesday morning.
The Eau Claire Fire Department was called to the 1400 block of Main Street around 9:30 Wednesday morning after a report of a fire.
A male in his 20s was injured and taken to Sacred Heart Hospital for burns he received.
Deputy Chief David Gee says a candle was responsible for the fire, which caused an estimated $15,000 in damage.
The fire required part of Main Street be closed off, and traffic was detoured for more than an hour.
One animal, a cat, was killed in the fire.
Designed by Gray Digital Media