Main Street House Fire

By: Anna Wagnild
By: Anna Wagnild

One person was injured after a house fire in downtown Eau Claire Wednesday morning.

The Eau Claire Fire Department was called to the 1400 block of Main Street around 9:30 Wednesday morning after a report of a fire.

A male in his 20s was injured and taken to Sacred Heart Hospital for burns he received.
Deputy Chief David Gee says a candle was responsible for the fire, which caused an estimated $15,000 in damage.

The fire required part of Main Street be closed off, and traffic was detoured for more than an hour.

One animal, a cat, was killed in the fire.

WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1147642 -
Gray Television, Inc.