Fire in Downtown Chippewa Falls

A fire in downtown Chippewa Falls forced traffic to be rerouted for hours as crews fought back the flames.

Officials say the fire started at 5:17 last night in the apartment at 110 1/2 W. River Street.

The apartment is located directly above River Street Antiques.

The Chippewa Falls Fire Department says the fire got started after the male resident of the apartment fell asleep while smoking a cigarette.

The three alarm fire required the work of 23 firefighters.

A total damage report hasn't been released, but officials with the fire department expect the cost to be at least $100,000.

No injuries have been reported.

WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1154932 -
Gray Television, Inc.