Fire officials in Marshfield now know what caused a fire in the downtown area on Friday..
The fire started in a second floor apartment.
Officials say the cause was an electrical arc fault as a result of a loose connection in the main service panel.
On Friday, the two businesses- a bridal shop, and a salon, beneath the apartments were not considered total losses.. but now are.. the fire weakened the roof of the building, and the heating and air conditioning unit fell through all floors to the basement.
Seven people who lived in the apartments are receiving help from the Red Cross.
Damage is estimated to be more than $320,000.