(WEAU) - The Chippewa Falls Fire Department now says a fire that killed a woman last week was most likely caused by careless use of smoking materials.
Kathleen Lindsey, 59, died in the mobile home fire on Park Avenue last Friday. The fire department says an exact cause cannot be determined, but it's believed a cigarette either fell off the table onto the recliner or the carpet, causing the table, chair and couch to go up in flames.
An autopsy shows Lindsey died of carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation.
Designed by Gray Digital Media