Fire at UW-Platteville started with meth cooking

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

PLATTEVILLE, Wis. (AP) -- Police say it seems a small fire on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus was started when a student tried to make meth.

Police say that the fire started early Saturday. The Rountree Commons dorm was evacuated for about an hour.

Police say a student was trying to cook methamphetamine when the ingredients started a fire in a plastic waste basket. The student put out the fire and emergency crews were called.

Five people suffered smoke-related injuries.

The student was arrested. He's being held on a tentative charge of attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 178696191 - weau.com/a?a=178696191
Gray Television, Inc.