WEAU | Eau Claire, Wisconsin | News

Man accused in Montee Ball attack reaches deal

By: AP
By: AP

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- One of three men accused of attacking Wisconsin running back Montee Ball in August has reached a deal with prosecutors.

Twenty-one-year-old Wendell Venerable of Madison is scheduled for a plea hearing Dec. 17. His lawyer, Brian Hough, told the Wisconsin State Journal (http://bit.ly/TKfF4A) he could not comment on the agreement, but confirmed Friday that one had been reached.

Venerable is charged with substantial battery for the alleged Aug. 1 attack. Two other men charged in the case -- 22-year-old Robert A. Wilks and 21-year-old Deonte J. Wilson, both of Madison -- are scheduled for jury selection on Dec. 17.

The three are charged with attacking Ball as he walked behind two friends, leaving Ball unconscious and with a concussion. Ball has said he does not remember the attack.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 182599281 - weau.com/a?a=182599281