Man charged with bomb threats at Mall of America

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- A federal indictment accuses a 22-year-old man of making bomb threats at the Mall of America and the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.

The indictment issued Tuesday charges Dana William Ashey with two counts of false information and hoaxes. An affidavit filed in the case says airport police received a threat on April 12 warning that a bomb would go off within the hour.

The same day, authorities say a similar threat was phoned in to Mall of America security stating a bomb had been placed in a restroom. The court document says later that day, security received a second bomb threat and traced the call to a man inside the mall. That man was later identified as Ashey.

No bombs were found in either location.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 207387221 - weau.com/a?a=207387221
Gray Television, Inc.