ARCADIA, Wis. (WEAU) -- Eight adults and five children were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning in Trempealeau County.
The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department said at 4:30 p.m., it received a phone call of an unknown medical issue at a home located at N26765 Rainey Valley Road near Arcadia.
A police officer and firefighter arrived on scene and made contact with the people.
Seven adults and five children were in the home. All occupants were sick from carbon monoxide poisoning and some were unconscious.
A police officer who arrived on scene was treated and released at a local hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Three helicopters and five ambulances were on scene.
Initial investigation showed a charcoal grill was being used to heat the home in the kitchen area.
No names have been released and no word on conditions at this time.
The case remains under investigation.
Arcadia Police Dept.
Tri County Ambulance
Trempealeau Co. Sheriff's Dept.
Wisconsin State Patrol
Trempealeau Police Dept.
Arcadia First Responders
Arcadia Fire Dept.
Arcadia Ambulance Service
Mayo One Helicopter
Spirit Air Helicopter
Several people had to be taken to the hospital after carbon monoxide poisoning in Trempealeau County.
The Trempealeau Co. Sheriff's Dept. said they are still investigating what may have happened and a news release will be sent to us when available.
The Arcadia Fire Dept. said it happened Sunday evening at a home on Rainey Valley Road off County Road A near Arcadia.
No word on how many victims were poisoned or how old they were.
Multiple agencies including Trempealeau County Sheriff's Dept., Independence Fire Dept., Arcadia Police and Fire Departments were on scene.