WEAU | Eau Claire, Wisconsin | News

Space heater starts carpet fire

(WEAU) - A space heater was the culprit of a carpet fire at an Eau Claire business Monday.

The Eau Claire Fire Department says it happened at 2004 Highland Avenue around 1:15 p.m. It says the building was having heating problems, so the company that owns the building, Commonweal Development Corporation, gave people working in the building space heaters.

It says once the carpet started on fire, a person kicked in a door and threw water on it to put it out.

Nobody was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 189763791