Medical Rescue Ambulance Abstract Photo
BROTHERTOWN, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities say carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of a Chilton woman in an ice shanty on Lake Winnebago.
An autopsy on 30-year-old Sara Meyer was performed Monday. Meyer was declared dead at the shanty Saturday. A 37-year-old man who was found unresponsive in the shelter was taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. His name and condition have not been released.
The Calumet County sheriff's office says the investigation is continuing, but foul play is not suspected.
Authorities are urging anglers to use caution when heating their fishing shanties, and to make sure their heating equipment is in good working order and vented properly.
BROTHERTOWN, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a woman in an ice shanty on Lake Winnebago.
The Calumet County Sheriff's Department says the 30-year-old woman was declared dead at the shanty Saturday. A 37-year-old man who was found unresponsive in the shelter was flown to Theda Clark Medical Center in Neenah and later taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. His condition was not immediately available Sunday.
The department says they were found around 4 p.m. Saturday when deputies responded to a medical call on the ice of Lake Winnebago near Brothertown in eastern Wisconsin.
An autopsy on the woman is scheduled for Monday. Her name is being withheld pending notification of her family.
The sheriff's department and the Calumet County Medical Examiner are investigating.