(WEAU) -- Summer might be six months away, but it’s not too early to start thinking about meaningful summer employment. Each summer, the Eau Claire Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department hires more than 200 seasonal employees, and the time to start applying for these jobs is now.
Job descriptions and applications available online.
• Click on the “I Want To…” tab.
• Then select “Apply for a job.”
• Available positions founds at the bottom of the page.
• For more information: Eau Claire Parks and Recreation, 715-839-5032
Volunteer opportunities also available online.
• Soccer, baseball and flag football coaches
• Incentive program
o Parents or guardians selected as head coaches will have their child’s registration fee waived.
An upcoming course is tailored for summer job seekers.
• Lifeguard Training
o Starts Jan. 26
o Age: 15 and older
o Participants who successfully complete the training earn Red Cross certification.
• The city hires 50-60 lifeguards each summer.
• To register: Eau Claire Parks and Recreation, 715-839-5032, or online at www.eauclairewi.gov/reg.