Hotel ordered to remove tents for workers
24 mins ago
When a Wabasha hotel didn't have enough rooms for all the migrant workers helping with the apple harvest, it set up a couple tents with cots and pillows. Now, the city has stepped in and ordered Coffee Mill Inn and Suites to take down the tents.
WEAU 13 News Headlines
TTM Technologies buying competitor
Posted: 10:58 AM
- TTM Technologies, based in Chippewa Falls, makes printed circuit boards for electronic devices.
Eau Claire marks 'Banned Books Week'
Updated: 10:13 AM
- This is a special week at libraries across the country, Banned Books Week. It celebrates intellectual freedom, the freedom to read material some may call unorthodox or unpopular.
Anti-gun violence group lays out empty shoes to raise awareness
Posted: 9:10 AM
- A statewide tour to raise awareness about the impact of gun violence made its way to Eau Claire on Tuesday.
School board discusses budget for Eau Claire district
Updated: 9:02 AM
- The Eau Claire Area School District wants to increase expenditures this year by nearly $3,000,000, but it's also losing almost $2,5000,000 in state aid.
ONLY ON SUNRISE: Local pumpkin patch still growing after 14 years
Updated: 9:03 AM
- It's officially fall and that means families will start to pick their favorite pumpkins. See the different kinds of varieties that exist.
Home sales decline in August
Posted: 7:22 AM
- Sales of existing homes in Wisconsin have declined.
Minneapolis to host 2015 climate change summit
Posted: 6:50 AM
- A group of former world leaders will meet in Minneapolis next fall for an international climate change summit.
Social worker sued for impregnating client
Posted: 6:44 AM
- A state social worker who fathered the child of a client is being sued in federal court in Milwaukee.
1 killed, 1 injured in UTV crash
Posted: 6:44 AM
- A Rhinelander man has died and a female has been injured in an off-road vehicle accident in Oneida County.
Pavement work planned at US 53/Melby in Lake Hallie
Posted: 2:52 AM
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 23–24, overnight pavement repairs on US 53 at the Melby Road interchange are planned.
More WEAU 13 News Headlines