WEAU 13 News Headlines
Black River Falls moving to $22.5 million referendum for new elementary building, renovations
Posted: 6:44 PM
- An area school district is asking for more than $22 million in tax money for construction and renovations.
Problem-solving courts aim to treat offenders, instead of punishing behavior
Posted: 6:19 PM
- Jail or prison time isn't the best treatment for all criminals, that's the idea behind Wisconsin’s problem solving courts.
Cutting out the middle man with direct pay health care
Posted: 6:00 PM
- There's a fairly new idea in health care where providers are cutting out the insurance companies and patients can get direct care with direct pay.
NEW INFORMATION: Victims of transmission line construction accident identified
Updated: 5:37 PM
- Joshua Roberts, 24, of Osseo, WI is one of two men who were shocked while working on a new part of the CapX2020 power line in Fairfax, Minnesota Monday.
Liberia's president closes schools amid Ebola
Posted: 5:00 PM
- Liberia's president is closing the nation's schools and ordering non-essential government employees to stay home as the country battles an Ebola outbreak.
House approves VA health care overhaul
Posted: 4:12 PM
- The House has approved a compromise bill to refurbish the Veterans Affairs Department and improve veterans' health care.
Convicted sex offender to be released in Ladysmith
Updated: 3:34 PM
- Police say he will be living at 402 W. Fritz Ave. in Ladysmith.
City of La Crosse & Habitat for Humanity work to revitalize neighborhoods
Updated: 9:43 PM
- An area city was kicking off a partnership with Habitat for Humanity Wednesday.
NEW INFORMATION: Missing man found by Onalaska police
Updated: 2:56 PM
- The man named Kevin was found in the Green Coulee area.
NEW INFORMATION: Kidnapping defendant wails on stand, prompts break
Updated: 2:37 PM
- Kristen Smith of Aurora, Colorado, testified Wednesday that she took the baby at the father's urging, since the parents were planning to move in with her.
More WEAU 13 News Headlines