Athlete of the Week Headlines
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Area football teams prepare for the playoffs
Updated: 7:17 PM
- In just two days, a handful of area football teams start their road to State in Madison as level one of the WIAA playoffs begin Friday night. In this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week, I highlight a few playoff teams, Eau Claire Memorial, Eau Claire Regis, and Stanley-Boyd.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Stanley-Boyd Volleyball Team
- It's that time of the volleyball season for the Cloverbelt crossover, where the east meets the west for conference supremacy. Tomorrow night, an undefeated Spencer team will host fellow unbeaten Stanley-Boyd for the conference title. The Orioles are this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Memorial Sophomore Catherine Lindsay
- It's only her second year in the program, but Catherine Lindsay is already leaving her print as one of the best to wear the Old Abes uniform.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: UW-Eau Claire's Tara Dennehy
- It's not often you see a hat-trick in soccer, but when you do, it's a good assumption that player will be nominated as Gordy's Athlete of the Week. Chance Dickman has the story on UW-Eau Claire junior Tara Dennehy.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Memorial quarterback Ben Everhart
- With 11 touchdowns and only one interception this year, Ben Everhart of Eau Claire Memorial has guided the Old Abes to a 4-1 start to the season. His proficiency under center makes Ben this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week. SportScene 13's Chance Dickman has the story.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Fall Creek Senior Tatum Mayenschein
- Tatum Mayenschein has been a dominant force for the Fall Creek Crickets volleyball team. She has lead the Crickets to an 18-2 record this season. Mayenschein is this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week. Chance Dickman has the story.
SportScene13 for Thursday, Sept. 11th
- A busy day of sports action including prep soccer, volleyball and football. Plus, a preview of the the UW-Eau Claire football team as they get set to take on St.Johns. Click here for all the highlights on SportScene13!
Athletes of the Week: Eau Claire Memorial Soccer
- For the past decade now, there hasn't been a more successful boy's soccer program in the Big Rivers Conference, than the one at Eau Claire Memorial. Winning, is just what the Old Abes do.
Athlete Of The Week: Chetek-Weyer. Senior Jonny Chamberlain
- The high school football season is early yet, as we only approach week number three, but one area athlete is already making quite the name for himself, Jonny Chamberlain. In this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week, we highlight the Chetek-Weyerhaeuser senior.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: E.C. North's Adam LaRock
- Last week the Eau Claire North football team made a statement, as they topped La Crosse Central in their season opener to match their win total from last year. Huskies quarterback, Adam LaRock, had a great day, with two touchdowns passing and one running and sent a message to the rest of the Big Rivers Conference.
Athlete of the Week: Shannon Fye
- Injuries are an unfortunate reality in all levels of football. Our Gordy's Athlete of the Week, Flambeau High School's Shannon Fye, suffered a devastating knee injury, but has battle back to inspire his teammates.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Defending Div. 5 State Champion Stanley-Boyd Orioles
- Last year was unforgettable for the Orioles as they capped off an undefeated season with a State Championship, but as rewarding as that was for the program, they're looking forward to putting it all on the line this season.
More Athlete of the Week Headlines