Athlete of the Week Headlines
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Fall Creek senior Matt Anderson
- Fall Creek senior Matt Anderson signs his letter of intent to play college basketball at Division II Minnesota State University - Moorhead.
Athletes of the Week: Wisconsin Badgers
- A team record 36 wins, Big Ten regular season and tournament championship, two straight Final four appearances and the schools first title game in 74 years, all good reasons that the Gordy's Athletes of the Week are the Wisconsin Badgers.
The Badgers tell us what this season meant to them in their own words.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: UW-Eau Claire senior Carly Fehler
- The UW-Eau Claire track and field team had quite the month of March, with the men winning the Division III Indoor National Championship and the women taking 4th. One runner who stood out amongst the rest, senior Carly Fehler who was named the meet's Most Outstanding Performer. Chance Dickman has the story in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Winter Sports in Review
- The winter sports season is the longest of them all, and also includes the most activities. In this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week, Chance Dickman reviews the outstanding winter that many of our local athletes and teams had.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: 2015 State Boys Basketball Preview
- The WIAA State Boys Basketball Tournament celebrates its 100th year on Thursday and three area teams will take part in the fun. SportScene 13's Chance Dickman takes a look at the Warriors, Cardinals and Ramblers in the week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: 2015 State Girls Basketball Preview
- While the boys are still on the road to the state tournament, area girls basketball teams have already cemented a spot at state in Green Bay. In this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week, we preview the River Falls, Hayward, and Fall Creek teams.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: ECM Boys Hockey is going to State
- It's a long-standing tradition for Eau Claire Memorial at the boys state hockey tournament in Madison. The Old Abes have now made it six-straight appearances and will start a quest for a 3rd gold ball tomorrow night against Madison Memorial.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Alliance sophomore Paul DeLakis
- The Eau Claire Alliance capped off a successful season at the state swimming championships in Madison this past weekend, but one athlete stood tall amongst the rest of the competition, Paul DeLakis. Chance Dickman has the story in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Altoona junior Max Bawden
- The Altoona Railroaders' boys basketball team has only lost in conference twice since the calendar switched to 20-15, and much of that success can be placed upon the shoulders of junior guard Max Bawden. Chance Dickman has the story in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: National Signing Day
- It's the day thousands of high school football players around the nation dream of, signing letters of intent to play college football. SportScene 13's Chance Dickman and Andrew Lovelette review national signing day in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: ECA Stars freshman Abigail Stow
- This week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week focuses on freshman hockey standout, Abigail Stow, of the ECA Stars. In her short time with the program, she's already made a pretty big impact.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Cameron Senior Chloe Wanink
- There may not be a more successful basketball player in the area than Cameron senior Chloe Wanink, who just scored her 2,000th career point last week. Wanink spotlights our Gordy's Athlete of the Week segment.
More Athlete of the Week Headlines