Athlete of the Week Headlines
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: UW-Stout Outfielder Ryan Freitag
- The UW-Stout baseball team is off to their best season in recent history, and Osseo native Ryan Freitag is a big reason for the Blue Devils success. As Chance Dickman reports in this week's Gordy's Athlete Of The Week, Freitag is grateful to play the game he loves, so close to home.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Regis Senior Kristin Mathiowetz
- Eau Claire Regis senior Kristin Mathiowetz is leading the girls soccer program to new heights. As Chance Dickman tells us in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week, Mathiowetz lives for the game.
Eau Claire North's Gray talks about power lifting national championship
- Eau Claire North senior Ryan Gray became a national champion in the sport of power lifting last month. SportScene 13's Chance Dickman spotlights Ryan as our Athlete of the Week.
Athlete of the Week: Wisconsin Badgers Men's Basketball
- The eyes of an entire state will be on the Wisconsin men's basketball team as they play in the Final Four this weekend down in Texas. With their first Final Four appearances in 14 years, The Badgers are our Gordy's Athletes of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Neillsville girls basketball team leaves lasting legacy
- The Neillsville girls basketball team brought home the WIAA Division 3 state runner-up trophy last weekend, but it's the Warriors legacy on and off the court that will be remembered most in the basketball-crazed community.
ATHLETE of the WEEK: Thorp boys basketball state championship
- The Thorp boys basketball team captured the gold ball last weekend in Madison as the Cardinals claimed their first WIAA state championship.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Elk Mound senior basketball players
- The 25-1 Elk Mound boys basketball team will take on Lodi in the state semi's on Friday morning. The Mounders sole loss this season taught the team to focus on their defense. Now on an 18 game winning streak, it's the lessons learned from the senior class that have led the way. Jenn Chapman has this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week, the Elk Mound seniors.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Cameron's Kal Gerber: 4.0 student & 2x state champ
- This week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week honor goes to a 4.0 student who just this past weekend took home another state title in wrestling. Cameron's Kal Gerber had to overcome a loss in the sectional final to find his way back to the gold medal podium.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Bailey Biwer & Paul DeLakis lead E.C. Alliance
- The Eau Claire Alliance swim and dive program reigns as conference champs for 20 years and continually makes a name for themselves at the state meet. This past weekend was no different as the team was led by our Gordy's Athletes of the Week, senior Bailey Biwer and freshman Paul DeLakis.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Marcus Kadinger turns disability into motivation
- Every Wednesday for the past two years we have brought you stories of western Wisconsin athletes breaking records, winning championships, or overcoming adversity. This fall while on the sideline of a Glenwood City football game I noticed a player on the Hilltoppers secondary who had only one hand. As I covered the Hilltoppers on their journey to a second straight state title game, I watched in awe of Marcus Kadinger's effort and ability on the grid iron. Turns out Marcus isn't just a starter on the football team, meet one of the top scorers on Glenwood City's basketball team and our Gordy's Athlete of the Week, Marcus Kadinger.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Stanley-Boyd wrestler Brett Benson, a fighter on and off the mat
- In this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week, SportScene13's Jenn Chapman introduces us to Stanley-Boyd wrestler Brett Benson who is a fighter on and off the mat.
Local athletes commit to college football on Signing Day
- Today is National Letter of Intent Signing Day for college football. Some local athletes hard work and preparation has paid off as they will get to play football at the next level. SportScene13's Jenn Chapman and Justus Cleveland take a look at those athletes as they are our Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
More Athlete of the Week Headlines