Athlete of the Week Headlines
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Chippewa Falls softball team
- After a sweep of Hudson last Thursday, the Chippewa Falls softball team wrapped up another perfect year of Big Rivers play, extending its streak to 78-straight conference wins. Chance Dickman met with the Cardinals in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Elk Mound senior Elizabeth Schreiber
- With a win over Mondovi on Monday, the Elk Mound softball team clinched its first conference title in 9-years. Currently 21-3 and 16-0 in league play, the Mounders are serious state contenders and also boast one of the state's best hitters in Elizabeth Schreiber, this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: McDonell senior James Davis
- For the past few years, the Chippewa Falls McDonell baseball team has been one of the best in the Cloverbelt West Conference. Senior pitcher James Davis is one of the main contributors to the Macks success. Chance Dickman shares the story in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Augusta senior Quinn Kirchoff
- The Augusta High School baseball team only made the switch from summer to spring competition 4-years ago, but since then, have seen steady improvement on the field.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire North's Tyler Bee and Matt Tolan
- The Eau Claire North boys golf team is off to another great start. The Huskies' top two golfers Tyler Bee and Matt Tolan are primed to lead their team to another state tournament appearance. Chance Dickman has the story in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Menomonie senior Terrin Vavra
- The Vavra name is synonymous with baseball in the Chippewa Valley. Joe is the Minnesota Twins bench coach and 2 of his 3 sons are currently plying their trade in the Twins minor leagues.
And youngest son Terrin, a senior shortstop at Menomonie High School may just be the next to follow in their footsteps.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Fall Creek senior Matt Anderson
- Fall Creek senior Matt Anderson signs his letter of intent to play college basketball at Division II Minnesota State University - Moorhead.
Athletes of the Week: Wisconsin Badgers
- A team record 36 wins, Big Ten regular season and tournament championship, two straight Final four appearances and the schools first title game in 74 years, all good reasons that the Gordy's Athletes of the Week are the Wisconsin Badgers.
The Badgers tell us what this season meant to them in their own words.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: UW-Eau Claire senior Carly Fehler
- The UW-Eau Claire track and field team had quite the month of March, with the men winning the Division III Indoor National Championship and the women taking 4th. One runner who stood out amongst the rest, senior Carly Fehler who was named the meet's Most Outstanding Performer. Chance Dickman has the story in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Winter Sports in Review
- The winter sports season is the longest of them all, and also includes the most activities. In this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week, Chance Dickman reviews the outstanding winter that many of our local athletes and teams had.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: 2015 State Boys Basketball Preview
- The WIAA State Boys Basketball Tournament celebrates its 100th year on Thursday and three area teams will take part in the fun. SportScene 13's Chance Dickman takes a look at the Warriors, Cardinals and Ramblers in the week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: 2015 State Girls Basketball Preview
- While the boys are still on the road to the state tournament, area girls basketball teams have already cemented a spot at state in Green Bay. In this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week, we preview the River Falls, Hayward, and Fall Creek teams.
More Athlete of the Week Headlines