Athlete of the Week Headlines
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Top 10 plays of the 2015 prep football season
- Our Gordy's Athlete of the Week is a highlight special featuring the top 10 plays of the 2015 prep football season. Enjoy!
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Memorial diver Ele Higley
- Eau Claire Memorial senior Ele Higley wrapped up her diving career with a 4th place finish last week at the state meet in Madison. Higley is this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: National Signing Day in the Chippewa Valley
- Wednesday marked the start of the fall signing period for area student-athletes. In this week's special edition of Gordy's Athlete of the Week, we feature those local athletes going on to compete at the collegiate level. Click here to see where each is headed!
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Altoona and Eau Claire Regis volleyball teams
- The Cloverbelt Conference has proved itself to be one of the best volleyball conferences in the state this year, and now two of its best teams are headed to the state tournament. Chance Dickman highlights Altoona and Eau Claire Regis as our Gordy's Athletes of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Colfax cross country team
- The Colfax girls and boys cross country teams finished first and second last Saturday at the Division 3 sectional in Boyceville to earn a trip to the state meet in Wisconsin Rapids. Chance Dickman shares their story in our Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Altoona senior Trent Peterson
- The Altoona Railroaders football team punched its ticket to the playoffs for the first time since 2008 last Friday night. Behind a five touchdown effort from running back Trent Peterson, the Rails steamrolled Cadott, 55-20. The senior locomotive is our Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: G-E-T senior Bailey Schmidt
- Tuesday not only marked the end of the prep girls golf season, but also marked the end to the wonderful high school campaign for G-E-T senior, Bailey Schmidt. The three-time state qualifier has earned her rightful place as our Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire North golfers Lauren Klauck and Alyssa Bee
- Big Rivers Conference Player of the Year and regional champion, Eau Claire North senior Lauren Klauck became one of the best golfers in the state this season. All while her teammate, Alyssa Bee, not too bad herself, became a qualifier for the Division 1 State Girls Tournament. Klauck and Bee are featured in our Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Memorial senior Darian Dieckman
- It's never easy trying to fill the shoes of great quarterback, but it's happened at all levels. For three years, Ben Everhart was the man for Eau Claire Memorial, while right behind him, was a hard-working kid just waiting for his opportunity to shine. The Old Abes' new QB1, Darian Dieckman, is our Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Altoona High School volleyball team
- The Altoona volleyball team is highlighted as our Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: McDonell/Regis' Michael Hoffmann and Adam Erickson
- McDonell/Regis boys soccer players, Michael Hoffmann and Adam Erickson, highlight our Gordy's Athlete of the Week segment.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Rice Lake Football Team
- The Rice Lake football team is highlighted as our Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
More Athlete of the Week Headlines