Athlete of the Week Headlines
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: E.C. North's Adam LaRock
- Last week the Eau Claire North football team made a statement, as they topped La Crosse Central in their season opener to match their win total from last year. Huskies quarterback, Adam LaRock, had a great day, with two touchdowns passing and one running and sent a message to the rest of the Big Rivers Conference.
Athlete of the Week: Shannon Fye
- Injuries are an unfortunate reality in all levels of football. Our Gordy's Athlete of the Week, Flambeau High School's Shannon Fye, suffered a devastating knee injury, but has battle back to inspire his teammates.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Defending Div. 5 State Champion Stanley-Boyd Orioles
- Last year was unforgettable for the Orioles as they capped off an undefeated season with a State Championship, but as rewarding as that was for the program, they're looking forward to putting it all on the line this season.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: High School Football in Eau Claire
- High school football is back, especially here at Carson Park. It's home to the Memorial Old Abes, North Huskies, and Regis Ramblers and come Friday nights, this stadium will be ready for some football.
Athlete of the Week: Old Abe Hockey in the Pros
- The Eau Claire Memorial men's hockey program has been one of the most successful high school programs in the state over the past decade. As of this week, four Old Abe alums find their names on the roster of professional franchises. Jake Dowell, with Hamilton Bulldogs of the AHL. Jake McCabe, Buffalo Sabres of the NHL. Jefferson Dahl, with EHC Klostersee in Germany. and Charley Graaskamp in the OHL with the Soo Greyhounds.
Athlete of the Week: Grant Peikert
- Former Eau Claire Memorial baseball standout Grant Peikert has had a long road to recovery since suffering 2 severe hip injuries, once in high school and then in college. But he's now healthy and playing again with his home town Cavaliers
Menomonie high school football players prepare for NFL 7-on-7 national tournament
- Next week members of the Menomonie high school football team will compete in this year's NFL 7-on-7 national tournament in Indianapolis. SportScene 13's has the story in our Gordy's Athlete of the Week segment.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Chippewa Falls McDonell Baseball Team
- The Division 4 championship game was an exciting, back-and-forth effort between the two teams, but in extra innings, Lake Country Lutheran took the lead and held on for the 11 to 7 victory.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: The Mondovi Buffaloes make it to state baseball
- Pandemonium, joy, happiness. There are a number of you can use to describe the excitement level of the Mondovi baseball team as they have qualified for the state tournament in Appleton.
Athlete of the Week: McDonell's Grant Pulver and Nick Zander
- In their final track meet of their high school career, McDonell's Nick Zander and Grant Pulver left with their team as Division 3 champions. Pulver had three podium finishes, while Zander had three 1st place finishes and both were honored to help their team to a title.
AOTW: Eau Claire Regis track & field standout Kayla Neff
- In our Gordy's Athlete of the Week segment, SportScene 13's Justus Cleveland spotlights E.C. Regis track and field athlete Kayla Neff.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Chippewa Falls Senior Cooper Barth
- At last night's division one regional track and field meet in Rice Lake, Chippewa Falls senior, Cooper Barth qualified for his fourth straight secional competition by dominating the 800 meter run. His outstanding achievement has earned him the title of this week's, Gordy's Athlete of the Week. Sportscene 13's Chance Dickman has more.
More Athlete of the Week Headlines