Athlete of the Week Headlines
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Top 10 High School Football Plays of 2014
Updated: 7:06 PM
- The high school football season is officially over now that state has come and gone, but why not take one last peek at some of the fall's best plays, from some of the area's best athletes. Chance Dickman and Andrew Lovelette have the countdown in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Rice Lake football is heading to State
- The Rice Lake Warriors football team is heading to State, but it was no easy task having to upset West De Pere in Level 4 of the playoffs this past Saturday. Chance Dickman takes us through that unforgettable game, in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Rice Lake's Henry Ellenson and Eau Claire Regis' Billy Wampler
- It isn't very often, here in the Chippewa Valley, that two high school basketball players, on the same day, sign Divison 1 letters of intent to play college basketball.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Memorial Girls Cross Country Team
- It was a moment they'll never forget, as the Eau Claire Memorial girls cross country team took home the Div. 1 State Championship this past Saturday in Wisconsin Rapids. The Old Abes are this week's, Gordy's Athlete of the Week. Chance Dickman has the story.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: The "War On I-94" Rivalry
- This weekend the football version of the "War On I-94" takes place between UW-Eau Claire and UW-Stout. In our Gordy's Athlete of the Week, Chance Dickman takes look at the rivalry.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Area football teams prepare for the playoffs
- In just two days, a handful of area football teams start their road to State in Madison as level one of the WIAA playoffs begin Friday night. In this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week, I highlight a few playoff teams, Eau Claire Memorial, Eau Claire Regis, and Stanley-Boyd.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Stanley-Boyd Volleyball Team
- It's that time of the volleyball season for the Cloverbelt crossover, where the east meets the west for conference supremacy. Tomorrow night, an undefeated Spencer team will host fellow unbeaten Stanley-Boyd for the conference title. The Orioles are this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Memorial Sophomore Catherine Lindsay
- It's only her second year in the program, but Catherine Lindsay is already leaving her print as one of the best to wear the Old Abes uniform.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: UW-Eau Claire's Tara Dennehy
- It's not often you see a hat-trick in soccer, but when you do, it's a good assumption that player will be nominated as Gordy's Athlete of the Week. Chance Dickman has the story on UW-Eau Claire junior Tara Dennehy.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Memorial quarterback Ben Everhart
- With 11 touchdowns and only one interception this year, Ben Everhart of Eau Claire Memorial has guided the Old Abes to a 4-1 start to the season. His proficiency under center makes Ben this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week. SportScene 13's Chance Dickman has the story.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Fall Creek Senior Tatum Mayenschein
- Tatum Mayenschein has been a dominant force for the Fall Creek Crickets volleyball team. She has lead the Crickets to an 18-2 record this season. Mayenschein is this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week. Chance Dickman has the story.
SportScene13 for Thursday, Sept. 11th
- A busy day of sports action including prep soccer, volleyball and football. Plus, a preview of the the UW-Eau Claire football team as they get set to take on St.Johns. Click here for all the highlights on SportScene13!
More Athlete of the Week Headlines