Athlete of the Week Headlines
Athlete of the Week: Grant Peikert
- Former Eau Claire Memorial baseball standout Grant Peikert has had a long road to recovery since suffering 2 severe hip injuries, once in high school and then in college. But he's now healthy and playing again with his home town Cavaliers
Menomonie high school football players prepare for NFL 7-on-7 national tournament
- Next week members of the Menomonie high school football team will compete in this year's NFL 7-on-7 national tournament in Indianapolis. SportScene 13's has the story in our Gordy's Athlete of the Week segment.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Chippewa Falls McDonell Baseball Team
- The Division 4 championship game was an exciting, back-and-forth effort between the two teams, but in extra innings, Lake Country Lutheran took the lead and held on for the 11 to 7 victory.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: The Mondovi Buffaloes make it to state baseball
- Pandemonium, joy, happiness. There are a number of you can use to describe the excitement level of the Mondovi baseball team as they have qualified for the state tournament in Appleton.
Athlete of the Week: McDonell's Grant Pulver and Nick Zander
- In their final track meet of their high school career, McDonell's Nick Zander and Grant Pulver left with their team as Division 3 champions. Pulver had three podium finishes, while Zander had three 1st place finishes and both were honored to help their team to a title.
AOTW: Eau Claire Regis track & field standout Kayla Neff
- In our Gordy's Athlete of the Week segment, SportScene 13's Justus Cleveland spotlights E.C. Regis track and field athlete Kayla Neff.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Chippewa Falls Senior Cooper Barth
- At last night's division one regional track and field meet in Rice Lake, Chippewa Falls senior, Cooper Barth qualified for his fourth straight secional competition by dominating the 800 meter run. His outstanding achievement has earned him the title of this week's, Gordy's Athlete of the Week. Sportscene 13's Chance Dickman has more.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Osseo-Fairchild Golfer Matt Sieg
- In a little over two weeks the boys state golf tournament will take place in Madison. Osseo-Fairchild's Matt Sieg will be looking to wrap up his senior year with a fourth straight trip to University Ridge.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire North Baseball
- After starting out the baseball season thirteen and one and undefeated in conference play, Eau Claire North has become one of the best teams in the state. Their success this past week has earned them the title of Athlete of the Week. SportScene 13's Chance Dickman has more.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Memorial senior Dalton Roach
- After a thirteen strikeout performance by Eau Claire Memorial Senior Dalton Roach, the Old Abe's hurler picked up yet another win for his team this season. His dominant game verse Rice Lake this past week has earned him the title of, Gordy's Athlete of the Week. SportScene 13's Chance Dickman has more.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Memorial Girls Soccer Team
- The Eau Claire Memorial girls soccer program has been a dominate force in western Wisconsin for quite a few years now. As SportScene 13's Chance Dickman explains, this years senior class is looking to keep the up the winning tradition.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: UW-Stout Outfielder Ryan Freitag
- The UW-Stout baseball team is off to their best season in recent history, and Osseo native Ryan Freitag is a big reason for the Blue Devils success. As Chance Dickman reports in this week's Gordy's Athlete Of The Week, Freitag is grateful to play the game he loves, so close to home.
More Athlete of the Week Headlines