Athlete of the Week Headlines
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Express pitcher Dalton Roach
- After his freshman year was through and the time came to decide his summer baseball future, there really was only one choice to be made for Eau Claire native, Dalton Roach: come home and pitch for the hometown Express.
Athlete of the Week: Rice Lake sprinter Kenny Bednarek
- On the same day American Pharoah made history by winning the Triple Crown, there was another racer looking to make some noise on the track, Rice Lake freshman Kenny Bednarek.
Athletes of the Week: State Softball Teams
- Less than 20 miles separates Bloomer from Chippewa Falls and starting tomorrow those two communities will be sending three teams to the WIAA State Softball Tournament. That has earned Bloomer, McDonell and Chippewa Falls our Gordy's Athletes of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire Memorial Girls Soccer Team
- The Eau Claire Memorial girls soccer team just won another Big Rivers Conference championship this year and the Old Abes are this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Chippewa Falls softball team
- After a sweep of Hudson last Thursday, the Chippewa Falls softball team wrapped up another perfect year of Big Rivers play, extending its streak to 78-straight conference wins. Chance Dickman met with the Cardinals in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Elk Mound senior Elizabeth Schreiber
- With a win over Mondovi on Monday, the Elk Mound softball team clinched its first conference title in 9-years. Currently 21-3 and 16-0 in league play, the Mounders are serious state contenders and also boast one of the state's best hitters in Elizabeth Schreiber, this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: McDonell senior James Davis
- For the past few years, the Chippewa Falls McDonell baseball team has been one of the best in the Cloverbelt West Conference. Senior pitcher James Davis is one of the main contributors to the Macks success. Chance Dickman shares the story in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Augusta senior Quinn Kirchoff
- The Augusta High School baseball team only made the switch from summer to spring competition 4-years ago, but since then, have seen steady improvement on the field.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire North's Tyler Bee and Matt Tolan
- The Eau Claire North boys golf team is off to another great start. The Huskies' top two golfers Tyler Bee and Matt Tolan are primed to lead their team to another state tournament appearance. Chance Dickman has the story in this week's Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Menomonie senior Terrin Vavra
- The Vavra name is synonymous with baseball in the Chippewa Valley. Joe is the Minnesota Twins bench coach and 2 of his 3 sons are currently plying their trade in the Twins minor leagues.
And youngest son Terrin, a senior shortstop at Menomonie High School may just be the next to follow in their footsteps.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Fall Creek senior Matt Anderson
- Fall Creek senior Matt Anderson signs his letter of intent to play college basketball at Division II Minnesota State University - Moorhead.
Athletes of the Week: Wisconsin Badgers
- A team record 36 wins, Big Ten regular season and tournament championship, two straight Final four appearances and the schools first title game in 74 years, all good reasons that the Gordy's Athletes of the Week are the Wisconsin Badgers.
The Badgers tell us what this season meant to them in their own words.
More Athlete of the Week Headlines