SportScene 13 for Monday, July 21st, 2014
SportScene 13 for Monday, July 21st, 2014 includes highlights from the Eau Claire Pizza Hut and the Onalaska Legion game at Carson Park in Eau Claire.
Rory McIlroy wins British Open for 3rd major
- Rory McIlroy completed a wire-to-wire victory Sunday in the British Open to capture the third leg of the career Grand Slam.
SportScene13 for Saturday, July 19th
- Football action in mid-July highlights Saturday's SportScene13 as the Chippewa Valley Predators battled the River City Rough Riders for a playoff birth and the Menomonie Thunderhawks looked to defeat the previously undefeated Fox Valley Force. Plus baseball action as the Eau Claire Cavaliers faced the Lombard Orioles.
Garza knocked out in 1st; Nats beat Brewers 8-3
- Matt Garza was knocked out in the first inning of his shortest major league start, and Ryan Zimmerman and Wilson Ramos drove in three runs apiece to lead the Washington Nationals over the Milwaukee Brewers 8-3 Saturday night.
Lohse, Brewers defeat Nationals 4-2
- Scooter Gennett and Khris Davis homered and Kyle Lohse pitched seven strong innings to help the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Washington Nationals 4-2 in a meeting of division leaders Friday night.
Vikings suspend Priefer for 3 games
- The Minnesota Vikings will suspend special teams coordinator Mike Priefer without pay for three games this season and donate $100,000 to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender rights groups, in response to former punter Chris Kluwe's allegations of anti-gay remarks made by Priefer.
Segura returns to Brewers ahead of Nats series
- Jean Segura has rejoined the Milwaukee Brewers for the start of a series against the Nationals after returning home following the death of his infant son.
Hermann to represent Express in Northwoods League Home Run Challenge
- Eau Claire Express All-Star Tyler Hermann, a utility man from UW-Milwaukee who has been up near the league lead in batting all season, will get another chance to showcase his offensive prowess in the Northwoods League Home Run Challenge.
More WEAU Sports Headlines