SportScene 13: "Scene Stealers" for Week 7
- Week seven of the high school football season was all about the comebacks, as teams like Menomonie and Rice Lake rallied for huge 4th quarter victories. Here's a look back at some of the night's best in "Scene Stealers."
Denver's defense leads Broncos past Vikings 23-20
- Brandon McManus kicked a 39-yard field goal with 1:51 left and Denver had seven sacks in the Broncos' 23-20 win over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.
Cueto, Royals secure home-field with 6-1 win over Twins
- Salvador Perez added to his career-best home run total, Johnny Cueto tossed five solid innings and the Kansas City Royals secured home-field advantage throughout the postseason by beating the Minnesota Twins 6-1 on Sunday.
Cubs beat Brewers 3-1, await fate on hosting NL wild card
- The Chicago Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers 3-1 on Sunday for their eighth straight win, but still needed Pittsburgh to lose in order to host the Pirates in the NL wild-card game.
Packers improve to 4-0 with win over San Francisco
- Quarterback Aaron Rodgers passed for 224 yards and a touchdown as the Packers beat the San Francisco 49ers 17-3 on Sunday.
SportScene 13 for Friday, October 2nd, 2015
- SportScene 13 for Friday, October 2nd, 2015 includes highlights from a high-powered Week 7 of prep football with an abundance of big games from around the area.
Royals put big dent in Twins' wild-card bid with 3-1 win
- Ben Zobrist put a major dent in Minnesota's postseason bid with an RBI double in the eighth inning against struggling All-Star Glen Perkins, and the Kansas City Royals topped the Twins 3-1 on Friday night.
More WEAU Sports Headlines
High Schools Sports
SportScene 13 for Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
- SportScene 13 for Wednesday, October 7th, 2015 includes prep girls tennis highlights as local athletes competed for a trip to state in Division 2, plus the UW-Eau Claire volleyball and women's soccer teams were in action.
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Eau Claire North golfers Lauren Klauck and Alyssa Bee
- Big Rivers Conference Player of the Year and regional champion, Eau Claire North senior Lauren Klauck became one of the best golfers in the state this season. All while her teammate, Alyssa Bee, not too bad herself, became a qualifier for the Division 1 State Girls Tournament. Klauck and Bee are featured in our Gordy's Athlete of the Week.
SportScene 13 for Tuesday, October 6th
- More trips to state were earned on Tuesday as the Division two golfers hit the links in Hammond. In prep volleyball the top teams in the Cloverbelt and Dunn-St.Croix were in action. On the soccer pitch, it was the intra-city rivalry as Eau Claire North played host to Memorial. Finally, we hear from Wally and Henry Ellenson at Marquette media. Click here for all this on SportScene 13!
More High Schools Sports