Selected Community Events
Dancing with the Eau Claire Stars
Zorn Arena, 105 Garfield Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701
The sixth annual DANCING WITH THE EAU CLAIRE STARS will be held Friday, September 12, at Zorn Arena on the UW-Eau Claire campus. The evening begins at 6:00 p.m. with a cash bar and dinner, and the celebrity dance competition begins at 8:00 p.m.
Based on the popular ABC television show, the event features local celebrities competing in two rounds of dancing – a compulsory dance and a freestyle dance of their choice. This year, the first dance must be set to a Latin song. Each celebrity dancer has been partnered with a veteran stage performer and a choreographer. The teams began rehearsing on August 1.
Celebrity dancers participating in this year's event, their partners, and their choreographers are:
• Luc Anthony, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, and Alicia Klein, choreographed by Kristen Hartzel, Danz Kraze
• Greg Bremer, Area Financial Services, and Amy Behrens, choreographed by independent choreographer Aurora Krajnikconde
• Linda Bucher-Dunham, Coldwell Banker Brenizer, Realtors, and Dustin Haugle, choreographed by Allie Werner, Just for Kix Dance Company and UW-Stout's Blue Devil Dance Team
• Nick Grunseth, WQOW News 18, and Katherine Rapacz, choreographed by Erika Kohler, Eau Claire School of Dance
• Heather Hunt, Wiley Law, and Jared Martin, choregraphed by independent choreographer Tessa Haugle
• Marianne Klinkhammer, Community Volunteer, and Adam Accola, choreographed by Laura Casper, Eau Claire School of Dance
• Janice Lemminger, Manpower, and Jon Lueck, choreographed by Eau Claire School of Dance's Stephanie Kling
• Dr. Suzette Peltier, Mayo Clinic Health System, Eau Claire, and Adam Krajnikconde, choreographed by Miki Hegg, Eau Claire School of Dance
• Joe Sanfelippo, Fall Creek School District, and Amber Fox, choreographed by independent choreographer Allie Ziebell Bast
• Dr. Sean Tarpenning, Hebert Dental, and Rachael McIlquham, choreographed by Eau Claire School of Dance's Jennifer Johnson
Tickets are $70 per person and include a gourmet dinner and the dancing competition. Tables of 10 are available for $700. The event is a benefit for the Eau Claire Children's Theatre and is sponsored by WQOW News 18, Mary Rufledt - Century 21, Charter Bank, Markquart Motors, Impromptu, Always Over the Top Photography, Blugold Dining by Sodexho, and Smiles in Motion-Pediatric Dentistry. For tickets or more information, call ECCT at 715-839-8877 or visit www.ecct.org
The Eau Claire Children's Theatre
EviscerArt-Flamenco Music and Dance
Heyde Center for the Arts, 3 South High Street, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
September is National Hispanic Heritage Month and the Heyde Center is pleased to present the award-winning Spanish flamenco production "EviscerArt" starring dancer Vanesa Aibar, guitarist Eduardo Pacheco and pianist and singer Cristian de Moret.
Dancer Vanessa Aibar expresses flamenco through stunning choreography and has won several awards for her dancing including second prize for original choreography in Flamenco Contest Madrid in 2011. These three artists come together with years of experience, using their traditional knowledge and their individual talents with the guitar, sing and dance to create a unique and fascinating experience. The production opened this spring at the Chicago Flamenco Festival to two sold out audiences.
Admission: Adults $18, Seniors $17 and Youth $10.
Heyde Center of the Art
Janelle's School of Irish Dance 8th Annual Irish Dance Performance
North High School
90+ students from Janelle's School of Irish are coming together to show case many hard shoe and soft shoe dances in a great show.
All are welcome to come and enjoy this fun family event of music and dance! Admission by donation.
Janelle Glenna 715-563-6057
Hawaiian Beach Party-March of Dimes Fundraiser
Mar 5, 2011 .
8923 Richfield DR, Marshfield WI
Benefit Dance for the March Of Dimes, Music by Music Express. Put on your grass skirts and Hawaiian Shirts and come out and dance in the sand. Judging for best outfits. Limbo-Hula Hoop competition, Games, Prizes! For more info call 715-676-3365