Selected Community Events
Phillips 13th Annual Winterfest
Jan 26, 2013 .
Jan 27, 2013 .
Phillips Chain of Lakes, Phillips, WI
13th Annual Winter Festival-Phillips Area Chamber of Commerce
January 26 & 27, 2013
• Phillips Flurry 5K & 10K Snowshoe Race/Walk-10 a.m. on the beautiful Phillips School Forest trails, N9199 N. Worcester Rd., Phillips. Website: www.phillipsflurry.com, E-mail: email@example.com.
• Radar Run at Birch Island Resort on Wilson Lake. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m., runs begin at 11:00 a.m., 1000-ft track (snow side & ice side)-Snowmobiles, ATV's, Lawn Mowers & Vintage Snowmobiles welcome-all entries are eligible for cash prizes plus trophies, 100% payback! Please call Birch Island at 715-339-3151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
1:00-Tug of War Contest-5 person team with at least 2 females per team sponsored by area businesses and Keg Toss- Men (1/2 Barrel), Women and Children (1/6 Barrel); Live Music 3-7 p.m.
• Candlelight Walk/Snowshoe/Ski to Squaw Island (1 mile round trip), 6:00-8:00 p.m. Food and refreshments available. Free Ice Luminaries available to the public after the walk. Sponsored by Memorial Health Center.
• Snowmobile parade-starts at 7:00 at Birch Island; everyone is encouraged to join the parade of sleds as they travel to Lake Duroy in downtown Phillips to view the Winterfest Fireworks! For more info contact Phillips Area Chamber of Commerce at 888-408-4800. Website: www.phillipswisconsin.net Email: email@example.com.
• Winterfest Ice Fishing Tournament on the Phillips Chain of Lakes, 6:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Entry fee is $10 and $5 for children (12 and under). Cash prizes with special prizes for children. Pre-register at Ross’s Sport Shop, Elk River Custom Rods, Baders Sports Center, or the Phillips Area Chamber office. Day of event registration at Birch Island, Harbor View, or the Phillips Chamber tent on Lake Duroy. Awards will be given out at Harbor View at 5:00 p.m. followed by the Winterfest Raffle drawing.
• Phillips Chaparrals Snowmobile Club will be hosting a Breakfast Buffet at Club 13 on trail #102 8:00-11:00 a.m.
Phillips Area Chamber of Commerce