Downtown Chippewa Falls business caught on fire Saturday afternoon
CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (WEAU) -Firefighters responded to a building on fire in the 50 block of West Willow Street in Chippewa Falls Saturday afternoon.
Chippewa Falls Fire Chief Lee Douglas said no one was inside the business at the time of the fire. The business is a repair shop and had a couple buses and repair equipment inside.
When fire crews arrived, heavy black smoke was coming from the rear of the building. Firefighters tried to extinguish the fire through the front door, but the changing heat conditions forced them outside.
This business shares a common wall with two other businesses the Fire Chief said.
The Chippewa Falls Police Department is asking people to stay away in order to give fire crews more space to work.
Authorities said Bridge Street, Main Street and Willow Street may be affected.
We will continue to follow this story as it develops.
Copyright 2021 WEAU. All rights reserved.