15 years pass in Wood County cold case

Deidre Harm
Deidre Harm(WSAW)
Updated: Jun. 10, 2021 at 3:18 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (WSAW) - The Wood County Sheriff’s Department is reminding the public it’s been 15 years since Deidre Harm was reported missing. Her remains would be found just five months later.

While the only person of interest in the case has also died, the sheriff’s department still holds hope someone will come forward to help solve her murder.

Harm was 21-years-old, with a new baby, when she disappeared on June 10, 2006. Investigators said Harm hired a baby sitter to watch her daughter while she went out for the night. She stopped with friends at several downtown bars in Wisconsin Rapids, including The Body Shop and The Finish Line. But authorities say she wasn’t alone, she was seen leaving with someone no one seemed to know.

Police were baffled from the beginning, with no initial signs of foul play.

It wasn’t until five months later, Harm’s skeletal remains were found by hunters in the town of Seneca, near Port Edwards.

Former Wood County Coroner Garry Kronstedt told NewsChannel 7 in 2011, an autopsy would rule her cause of death as undetermined. “There was trauma on the bones, but we can’t definitely say it was from that incident,” said Kronstedt.

Then in 2009, there was a potential break.

Then Wisconsin Rapids Police Chief, Kurt Heuer, said they received a tip to check out 36-year-old Christopher Revak-- a Wisconsin Rapids native, who moved to Missouri.

His description was strikingly similar to the sketch released by police.

“Christopher Revak, at that time, was also a suspect in a missing case that ended up where a female bartender went missing in which he was found to be connected to, that we were given a tip that that might be something the agency wanted to look at,” said Heuer in 2011.

Wisconsin Rapids Police would learn Revak had been involved in a missing persons case before. He was the suspect in the 2007 disappearance of 36-year-old Rene Williams from Missouri. A mother of three, and bartender who worked at the Eagle’s Lodge in Ava, Missouri.

Police say Revak was a regular at the lodge and was there, along with Williams, the night of the crime.

In July of 2009, authorities arrested Revak in connection to Rene’s disappearance. Her body has never been found.

Wisconsin Rapids Police found out Revak was in Wisconsin Rapids at the time Deidre disappeared, but investigators would never get the chance to speak with him.

Revak died by suicide while in custody in Missouri. Investigators aren’t giving up in the search for answers, they believe even after Revak’s death, someone has the piece of the puzzle they’ll need to close this case.

Copyright 2021 WSAW. All rights reserved.