Wisconsin DNR announces 2021 hunting changes
MADISON, Wis. (WEAU) - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is announcing that the 2021 combined Wisconsin Hunting Regulations pamphlet is now available online.
The pamphlet will also soon be available at license agents and open service centers around the state.
According to a release from the Wisconsin DNR, early teal and early goose seasons kick off on Sept. 1.
The opening of the 2021 archery and crossbow deer seasons will run concurrently statewide from Sept. 18 to Jan. 9, 2022.
The archery and crossbow seasons are extended to Jan. 31, 2022 in metro sub-units.
Many counties will offer the antlerless-only holiday hunt between the Christmas and New Year holidays. Bonus antlerless deer harvest authorizations are still available in almost all counties.
The 2021 deer season schedule is as follows:
- Gun Hunt For Hunters With Disabilities: Oct. 2-10, 2021
- Youth Deer Hunt: Oct. 9-10, 2021
- Gun Deer Hunt: Nov. 20-28, 2021
- Muzzleloader: Nov. 29-Dec. 8, 2021
- Statewide Antlerless Hunt: Dec. 9-12, 2021
- Farmland Zone Holiday Hunt: Dec. 24, 2021-Jan. 1, 2022
Copyright 2021 WEAU. All rights reserved.