North High School students sent home due to chlorine smell in building
The initial notification at 11:04 a.m. said that there is no danger to students or staff at this time.
EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU) - Students and staff at North High School in Eau Claire are being sent home due to a chlorine smell in the building.
According to a post on Facebook and letter to families, a mechanical issue with an air handler appears to be the reason for the smell.
The source of the problem was located by Eau Claire Area School District after staff and students evacuated the building and were sent home. A chlorine bubble in the air handling system caused a strong chlorine smell in one wing of the school, initially relocating students in that area to other areas of the building and eventually outside.
School will resume Friday as scheduled, according to the District. The initial notification at 11:04 a.m. said that there is no danger to students or staff. Student Transit took students home that normally ride the bus.
Copyright 2022 WEAU. All rights reserved.