Responsible for the daily operations of the nursing home. Uphold the Mission and philosophy of Organization, including providing quality Christian-based resident care, as well as, meeting the financial goals of the facility.
Special Features/Requirements (license, certifications, etc.):
Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree program in Health Care Business Administration, or other fields related to the nursing home industry. Three to five years administrative experience in a similar setting. Must be currently licensed or able to be licensed immediately as a Nursing Home Administrator in the State of Wisconsin.
• Administers, directs and conducts all activities of the nursing home to carry out its goals and objectives.
• Participates in development, implementation and maintains facility objectives and procedures.
• Fosters positive communication within the program/facility and the organization as a whole.
• Promotes organizations’ team concept.
• Interprets philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of organization to facility personnel.
• Makes decisions and performs all duties in accordance with organizations’ policies/procedures, state and federal regulations and in conformance with recognized standards.
• Recruitment and selection of qualified personnel necessary to meet the needs of the residents and facility.
• Utilizing a participative management style, encourages a team approach to decision making.
• Ensure quality services, prompt resolution of concerns and customer satisfaction.
• Continually monitors and evaluates staff performance.
• Ensures the organization’s Human Resource policies and procedures are administered fairly and effectively.
• Maintains financial stability of programs/services, working within guidelines and parameters established through organization policies.
• Investigates and initiates incidents of discipline/corrective action (including discharge), if necessary, according to established personnel procedures, in conjunction with Executive Director of Housing and Administration/Human Resources.
• Accessible to staff on all shifts.
• Plans annual budget and works within an approved budget: supervises and approves all purchases.
• Reviews department staff accident and incident reports.
• Maintains and safeguards confidential information.
• Communicates effectively with residents, families, co-workers, public and facility medical director.
• Functions independently in situations that require professional judgment.
• Serves as a role model by recognizing and meeting the needs of the residents, families and staff through effective use of “Safety, Courtesy, Care and Efficiency” standards.