Production Shift Manager – 2nd Shift 12 Hour Rotating Schedule
It's a great time to be a part of Whitehall Specialties! We are expanding our operations in several locations and need high energy professionals to lead our operations teams! Our current openings are located in our Wisconsin plants.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of production employees to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. This includes safety talks, assigning and directing work, facilitating standup meetings, addressing equipment issues, employee concerns, identifies process improvements and resolves issues. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all standard and approved processes.
Willingness: Taking accountability for improving, Owning and driving improvement concepts. Making the news, using the data.
Capability: Developing their employees to become owners in the improvement process, setting the bar and following up - ensuring consequences good & bad. Applying the concepts.
Responsibilities: Responsible for everything that happens or that doesn’t happen and should have, on assigned shift.
• Works with Plant Management and other Supervisory Staff to assign, direct, review and coordinate employees to maximize productivity in the plant.
• Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for, production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, state and federal guidelines.
• Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments to machines.
• Evaluates needs in production for daily assignment of duties; establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Maintains time and production records as required.
• Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
• Provide for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management.
• Trains and instructs employees in regard to production and equipment standards and processes. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
• Leads by example with the Whitehall Specialties Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• *_Reports to the Production Shift Manager or Plant Manager – Full Time Hourly position_*
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Industrial or Food Science degree highly desirable
• Experience in food manufacturing highly desirable.
• Experience with Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures highly desirable.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Previous Supervisory Experience in manufacturing environment
• Previous experience in process cheese manufacturing is a plus.
• Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based applications
• Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
• Excellent Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k), Short & Long Term Disability, PTO, Paid Holidays, Christmas Bonus, Incentive Bonus, EAP, Paid Uniforms, Paid Shoes, AFLAC Options and more.
Qualified candidates must be willing to work a 12 hour rotating schedule. 2 on 2 off 3 on with rotating weekends. (Every other weekend off).
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TODAY!
Salary: $65,000.00 to $95,000.00/ year email@example.com