Full-time (30-32hrs/week), Benefit eligible position
Responsible for the identification of social, psychological, and emotional strengths and needs of each resident, and provision of services to meet such needs; promotes adjustment to the total living environment. Upholds the mission and philosophy of the Organization.
- Develops, implements and maintains social service objectives, policies, and procedures
- Manage and direct all resident activities and outings
- Fosters positive communication within the organization as a whole. Promotes organizations’ team concept. Interprets philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of organization to social services personnel.
- Makes decisions and performs all duties in accordance with organization’s policies/procedures, state and federal regulations and in conformance with recognized standards.
- Coordinates the Social Services and Activities Department; develop and implement quality social services to resident and families; empowering staff to be creative, offer input into the decision making process and to develop program.
- Maintain contact with community discharge planners, coordinate resident relocation and room transfers.
- Coordinate community placement/needs and discharges according to state and federal regulation and organization policies.
- Serve as resident advocate for the facility, resident and family, paying particular attention to resident rights. Serve as complaint investigator.
- Maintain concise and accurate resident documentation, including social histories assessments, care plans quarterly reviews, progress notes, MDS and discharge plans.
- Provide individual/group counseling for residents and their families relative to personal needs, social relationships, personal and financial needs and individual concerns.
- Ensures fair and consistent treatment of staff. Continually monitors and evaluates staff performance. Investigates and initiates incidents of discipline/corrective action (including discharge), if necessary, according to established personnel procedures.
- Accessible to staff on all shifts.
- Plans annual budget and works within an approved budget: supervises and proves all social services purchases.
- Plans and implements a social services development program, including required inservice education, to meet the needs of all social services staff.
- Reviews all department staff accident and incident reports.
- Maintains and safeguards confidential information.
- Communicates effectively with residents, families, co-workers and public.
- Functions independently in situations that require professional judgment.
- Serves as a role model by recognizing and meeting the needs of the residents, families and staff through effective use of “Safety, Courtesy, Care and Efficiency” standards.
- Coordinates care conference scheduling.
- Participates in Marketing of the facility; takes an active role in Marketing as a member of Marketing Team.
- Ensures compliance of Social Services department with State and Federal regulations.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance/Improvement Program.
Bachelors degree in social work from an accredited college and certified or eligible for certification as a Social Worker from Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing or has a related degree and experience in Social Services and will receive at least monthly counseling from a certified social worker. Knowledge of and experience working with medicare/Medicaid regulations.