WEAU 13 News, the Gray Television owned, NBC-affiliate in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, is seeking an Engineer.
A Broadcast Engineer supports all live and taped programming and post-production at WEAU. They perform quality control measurements to insure proper video and audio quality is maintained for broadcast and assist local production team needs. Duties include troubleshooting, maintaining and installing studio and editing equipment. The Engineer interacts daily with production staff and will be responsible to follow all WEAU and FCC standards and guidelines. Manage all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events & programs.
• Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts - corrects and documents technical problems and reports them to the managers
• Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and communication with other departments by maintaining discrepancy logs and equipment incident reports and regularly auditing these documents to identify areas where performance or process needs improvement.
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience. Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations.
• Commanding knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by May 3, 2019. Please include all supporting materials.
No phone calls.
WEAU 13 News (Gray Television) is a drug-free workplace. Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER