Cooperative Educational Services Agency 10 (CESA 10) is looking for an Energy Engineer/Technical Reviewer for the Agriculture, Schools and Government program of Focus on Energy located in either Madison or Chippewa Falls. The Technical Reviewer is part of the team responsible for ensuring the incentives provided to customers meet the requirements and will save the energy that is claimed by the Focus on Energy program.
This position requires an organized, flexible, self-directed person with a thorough understanding of energy usage and efficiency to work with facilities management personnel in the development, technical review, support and justification of financial incentives, studies and programs that support energy efficiency projects and services. The position requires great attention to detail and high competency in Microsoft Excel including programming capabilities. The person in this position must provide reliable transportation. Occasional evening and overnight travel required.
The ideal candidate would possess a technical four year degree with the ability to attain Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Certification. Completion of the CEM preparatory class and passing of the CEM examination within one year of hire is required.
1. Provide technical review and support for the development and delivery of energy efficiency programs
2. Perform technical and requirement reviews for incentives of various technologies including but not limited to lighting, HVAC, wastewater processes, dairy refrigeration and other measures relating to the agriculture, school and government industry
3. Conduct necessary research, training, and program development assignments as directed
4. Create and edit Excel calculations for new and existing energy efficiency measures
5. Provide timely technical support for facilities management personnel, customers, contractors, architects and engineering firms in the identification and quantification of energy cost saving measures
6. Assist facilities management personnel with facility site audits, analysis, and developments of energy efficiency improvement recommendations
7. Stay up to date on new and emerging technologies in the agriculture, schools and government industries including building code changes
8. Perform other duties as assigned
This is a full time, salaried position. Pay will commensurate with experience. An excellent benefit package will be provided including health/dental/life/disability insurance, sick leave/vacation leave/personal leave, Wisconsin State Retirement, etc. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary history to
725 W Park Ave, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Deadline for applications will be March 9, 2018.