To provide quality resident care as specified on individual resident care plan and assignment sheets according to established policies, procedures and objective of the organization.
Special Features/Requirements (license, certificates, etc.):
Nursing assistant training and current registration on Federal Nurse Aide Registry, meets requirements to maintain registration. Follows/adheres to organization, federal/state regulations and guidelines, including Resident/Client rights; maintains neat, well-groomed appearance, adhering to dress code of organization/program.
• Monitor and record health and behavior of residents and clients. Communicate such information with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Maintain the confidentiality of resident and client records including identity, behavior and medical conditions.
• Know and follow residents and clients individual care plans.
• Know the emergency and evacuation procedures established for the unit/facility.
• Have a working knowledge of the regulations governing long term care
• Attend required orientation, training and maintain current Certified Nursing Assistant certification.
• Become familiar with the Policy and Procedure Manual and be prepared to implement its contents
• Prepare for meals and provide snacks for the resident.
• Use all materials, food and supplies resourcefully, report needed items to the Director.
• Maintain a positive work and living environment.
• Assist in household and housekeeping duties on a daily basis, including inventory, storage of supplies, light housekeeping and other duties as assigned by DON, Director or Administrator.
• Be available for staff meetings and trainings as requested.
• Cleaning of resident rooms, common areas, bathrooms, and furniture/furnishings according to job standards/procedures.
• Follows manufacturer’s procedural guidelines when using tools, handling chemicals, operation of equipment; removal of debris; removal of soiled linens.
• Understands and follows proper infection control procedures
• Conducts and/or assists with assignments and assigned activity groups
• One to one activities utilizing interpersonal needs to meet resident/client needs
• Observes and reports behavioral changes in resident/client
• Provides input and assistance with activity planning, scheduling activities, and flexibility to make unscheduled activity changes.
• Escort residents to and from activities
• Projects a positive image of the organization in dealing with residents/clients, co-workers, public.