The Buyer is responsible for working cross-functionally with manufacturing, scheduling, and engineering to purchase assigned commodities and services while optimizing the use of company assets.
• Utilizing MRP to plan the procurement of materials
• Managing purchase orders as driven by changes in the production schedule
• Controlling the levels of inventory by ensuring planning parameters are accurately maintained in the ERP system
• Managing suppliers which includes day-to-day ordering, performance reporting, and corrective action as needed
• Resolving material non-conformances
• 3-5 years of buying experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting or combination of education and experience
• Strong computer proficiency
• Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions
We offer a competitive wage based on experience as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
To learn more about working at GFS, visit http://gfscareers.us Priority consideration will be given to applicants that apply by Wednesday, December 12.
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. GFS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender-identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions:
The continued success of our company is made possible by our talented, hardworking employees. We believe that every employee “makes their mark” on a company. This is especially true for a company of our size and culture. Although a large and growing business — with more than 400 employees — our heart is in the small town, homegrown values. Headquartered in Osseo, Wisconsin, we are just a short 20-minute drive to Eau Claire and less than a two-hour drive to the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Many of our employees enjoy spending their free time outdoors, with many year-round activities to choose from such as hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, boating and more!