The 2nd Floor Nursing Manager is responsible for the leadership, management and execution of the daily operation of the Inpatient department. The manager is responsible for directing and providing professional nursing care for an assigned group of patients across the age continuum, utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The Manager provides supervision and guidance to members of the Inpatient staff and makes decisions affecting the operations of the Inpatient department. The 2nd Floor Nursing Manager is responsible for staffing and the scheduling of staff, and the development of policies and procedures. In addition, the Manager will perform other tasks as they are assigned; is a member of various committees as deemed necessary by the Chief Nursing Officer.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Ability:
• Demonstrates eligibility for employment in the U.S.
• Current RN licensure in the State of Wisconsin.
• Four year degree required.
• Two years of management experience preferred.
• BLS certification required upon hire.
• ACLS and PALS certification within six months of hire date.
• Ability to relate and work effectively with others.
• Demonstrated skills in verbal and written English communications for safe and effective patient care and to meet documentation standards.
• Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational activities for own professional advancement.
• Previous recovery room, ambulatory care, critical care, emergency or general nursing experience is preferred.
• Leads the team in accordance with nursing professional standards.
• Demonstrates ability to develop and implement action plans.
• Experience in Excel, Microsoft Word preferred.
If interested, please complete our online application and submit a resume along with that: