The Purchasing Supervisor will assist the Sourcing and Purchasing manager in the enhancement of best practices for procurement of finished goods for all divisions according to company guidelines and will focus on customer service by focusing on fill rates while maintaining optimal inventory turns to maximize cash flow and optimize space.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in the review of marketing and merchandising plans to help set purchasing and forecasting strategy with the appropriate members of the senior management team.
2. Supervise purchasing and forecasting matters with the appropriate people.
3. Establish and maintain effective and proactive communication with all stakeholders as it relates to inventory and other related purchasing and forecasting activities.
4. Assist in the forecasting and purchasing efforts to ensure smooth product flow in order to achieve or exceed corporate sales plans and minimize overstocks with acceptable inventory turn.
5. Perform inventory and forecasting analysis and supervision to avoid imbalances.
6. Guide and train Inventory Specialists and Forecasting Analysts, ensuring proper use of all systems and procedures to maintain appropriate inventories.
7. Identify slow moving inventories and develop initiatives to reduce slow moving inventories to improve inventory turns.
8. Analyze root causes of inventory issues and provide appropriate and speedy correction plans.
9. Review inventory activities and assist the manager in implementing improvements.
10. Establish and maintain effective business relations with suppliers, consultants and trade professionals.
11. Assist in inventory risk assessment and mitigation activities.
12. Ensure that product is ordered in a timely manner and in the right quantities and track open purchase orders to help assure customer fulfillment.
13. Effectively supervise department personnel, ensuring appropriate training and development.
14. Supervise the proper approval of purchase orders.
15. Assist in establishing and achieving inventory goals.
16. Investigate, analyze and implement areas for improvement.
17. Support a culture of thoughtful decision making regarding forecasts and purchases.
18. Perform inventory specialist activities.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Participate in departmental meetings.
2. Work with the IS department on development, testing and implementation of new or enhanced systems or processes.
3. Participate in or complete special projects as assigned.
* The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
This position will supervise purchasing department staff, as applicable.
1. Exceptional analytical skills and detail oriented.
2. Technologically savvy with demonstrated competence in a variety of technological platforms.
3. Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
4. Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner.
5. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
6. Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
7. Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines.
8. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other related software programs.
9. Ability to critically think.
10. Self-motivated and directed; able to take initiative.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Business or a related field.
2. Five to seven years of progressively responsible purchasing experience.
3. Significant Oracle Supply Chain system experience preferred.