A typical day will have you working up to 10 hours in the shop or out and about performing maintenance or repair work. Spring, summer and fall will have you in a semi-truck or a tractor, helping in the planting or harvest of crops and the application of manure. During these demanding times an excess of 16 hours a day of work for up to a week may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
• Semi, Tractor, Vehicle, and Equipment Maintenance/ Repair
• Building Maintenance/ Repair • Semi, Tractor & Equipment Operator (No CDL Required-will help obtain if interested)
• Helping in every aspect of the desired crops being harvested. • May need to help feed cows every other weekend in the feeding department as needed.
Non-essential Job Functions:
• Helping in other departments when needed
• Possibly cut wood or do other odd jobs as needed or if hours desired
• A high-school diploma and driver’s license is required.
• Must be self-motivated and a hard worker, on time, and reliant.
• Some computer knowledge required, as maintenance, inventory, and feeding software and scale are computerized. Will train as needed.
• An agriculture equipment background is plus.
• Must be a team player!
• Must have good communication skills and attention to detail.
• Must be able to drive a semi-tractor and trailer and Semi Straight Truck. (We will train if necessary.)
• Understand mechanics, components of a semi, and hydraulic systems and able to fix problem areas.
• Must be willing to learn how to weld and possible fabrication.
• Some carpentry, plumbing, and electrical knowledge a plus.
• The ability to stand, crouch, or kneel for long periods of time and must be able to lift 70 lbs.
• There are areas available here to be able to advance and get more responsibilities and more compensation.
• Good problem solving skills and creative thinking.
• Some math skills may be needed
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization/farm/business.